I’m not going to lie, I’m not the best paper gift wrapper. Those blasted corners never seem to lay flat. So I’m happy to come up with alternative forms of wrapping. Throw something in a jar and screw on a festive lid? I can handle that.
To make your own you’ll need:
– glass jars with lid
– miniature toppers (scan the ornament, Christmas village and kids sections)
– spray paint in color of choice
– hot glue gun
– a treat (popcorn, M&Ms, white chocolate pretzels, whoopie pies)
Give the jar lids and miniatures a good spray with the paint, you might need to do two coats. When fully dry, hot glue the miniature onto the lid top. Fill the jar with something yummy and top it. Deliver to friends while jamming to Manheim Steamroller in the car.
– smooth glass jars from Hobby Lobby
– deer, tree and nutcracker from Michaels
images: Yan Photo