gifts with sparkle are my fave

December 15, 2011

pairing_0004

Just a few ideas for how to add sparkle to your gifts so they stand out underneath the tree. Guaranteed a gift wrapped with something shiny will make the recipient convinced they like the gift more than they actually do. Heck, you could wrap a used band-aid in a box adorned with sequins and it would be a hit.

Hint: used glittered card stock found in the scrap booking section instead of messing with loose glitter and glue to create some of these looks.

images: Yan Photo

• On December 15, 2011 , Jessica Lynette said:

I don’t believe I have commented before but I so enjoy the eye candy you present here!!
    I was inspired by your jar toppers and came up with a boy version for my kids to give away: http://www.jessicalynette.com/holidays/gifts-in-a-jar-a-boy-twist/

Thanks for the fabulousness!

• On December 15, 2011 , ilene said:

i love sparkly anything! these are some delightful inspiration – thanks!

• On December 15, 2011 , Nicole said:

Ahhh, nothing beats sparkles. That polka dot glitter wrap is to die for!

• On December 15, 2011 , Lexy @ The Proper Pinwheel said:

Do I love that accordion bow made out of glitter paper? Yes. Yes, I do.

• On December 15, 2011 , Tan said:

Gifts with sparkle are certainly my fav too! I’m wrapping in a more ‘traditional’ style this year (brown paper packaging tied up with string) but next year I’m thinking I’ll have to throw some glitter into it.

• On December 15, 2011 , Trude said:

Ooo great idea! If I can get the bow to look like that giant one on the left, I’m giving myself a pat on the back (and a drink). :)

• On December 15, 2011 , Melissa said:

Thanks!
    I’m addicted to this, and I love have more ideas.

• On December 15, 2011 , Carrie said:

Agreed! You can never have too much glitter!

• On December 15, 2011 , Lena said:

I may just have to try wrapping a band-aid up with glittery paper-sounds like a Jimmy Kimmel segment!

• On December 15, 2011 , kat jackson said:

so pretty! i can’t wait to use some of my sparkly cardstock (already adhesive backed!) for wrapping gifts!

• On December 16, 2011 , Kate @ Stripes and Polka Dots said:

Gahh I love these! I love the silver glitter polka dots. Too bad I know I’ll wind up at Wal-Mart tomorrow to buy wrapping paper… oh well, there’s always next year!

• On December 17, 2011 , Rebecca - A Daily Something said:

I am IN LOVE (ha, ok so maybe not in love….) with those sequins and that green ribbon. What great ideas!

• On December 21, 2011 , anna said:

and now I have a use for my left over sequins from my halloween costume. thanks for the prettiness!!

• On December 22, 2011 , Thankful Thursday: A White Christmas « here's to life said:

[...] White paper packages tied up with string via You Are My Fave. [...]

• On January 30, 2013 , Quick holiday paper crafts and downloads | The Craft Blog said:

[...] it comes to wrapping you can go for the glitter (from You Are My Fave) or try something a little more au naturel (I love the tiny wreath and the [...]

• On November 19, 2014 , That’s a wrap | said: