valentine’s day in a box is my fave

February 9, 2012

IMG_5288
Picnik collage2
IMG_5234
IMG_5261
IMG_5238
Picnik collage
If you’ve been a yamf reader for a while now, you know I can’t making theme packages as evident by my birthday in a box, guest welcome in a box and summer party in a box. So I’ve decided to start a new in the box series this year where I put together a fun array of things, box them up and share them with you. I’m already looking forward to summer Olympics in a box.

First up is Valentine’s Day of course with a mix of red and pink. To tell you the truth, I had a lot of these items already stashed in my craft/party supplies. And Ryan wonders why I need an entire walk in closet to store them.

sources: polka dot crinkle wheel from BHLDN, heart cups from Party City, be mine card from Egg Press, flower clip from ban.do, ribbon from Sundance, heart brads + heart hole punch from Michaels, clothespins + washi tape from local store – Talulah Jones

• On February 9, 2012 , Corrie Anne said:

I really love boxes. Lol. And themes! I’ll be WAITING for the Summer Olympics one! Yay!

• On February 9, 2012 , nicole i said:

love it.

• On February 9, 2012 , Melanie said:

Oh, I love this! I need to make boxed gifts for people. Awesome idea.

• On February 9, 2012 , Jeanny said:

Simply wonderful <3 Looking forward to reading about your future in a box ideas.

• On February 9, 2012 , Dancing Branflake said:

Cute cute cute! I am such a sucker for nice packaging and this is no exception.

• On February 9, 2012 , The New Diplomats Wife said:

i loooooooooooove this! also, this is kind of really making me want to eat red swedish fish right now, i think i blame the red gummi bears.

• On February 9, 2012 , robin said:

lovely! those BHLDN dotted crinkle wheels are great as are the paper cups!

• On February 9, 2012 , Amelia said:

Oh. I love this hard.

• On February 9, 2012 , Katherine said:

I love everything about this!! I am a huge fan of holiday/party-in-a-box gifts, and like to surprise my friends with them throughout the year. Maybe I’ll need to start sharing them on my blog as well!

Yours is much more professional, and totally inspiring:) Thanks for sharing!

-Katherine

• On February 9, 2012 , Megan said:

Oh man, such a good idea! I bought those same cups from party city. I’m so glad they had them again this year! I put them out at my valentine’s brunch party for if anyone wants coffee. <3

• On February 9, 2012 , Valentine’s Day Roundup…5 DIY’s To Try  | Waiting on Martha said:

[...] Day In A Box from You Are My Fav (tutorial here).  Perfectly customizable for your valentine and doesn’t reek of all that Valentine’s [...]

• On February 9, 2012 , Diana said:

I already love this series! After years of doing it, you can do a super duper big one called “You Are My Fave in a box” and it will be a huge box filled with all these littler boxes. It will be like Inception. I think. I don’t really know. It was a confusing movie.

• On February 9, 2012 , Nicole said:

fun idea! can’t wait for more :D

• On February 9, 2012 , Alexandra said:

Sweet as can be!! I want one! You’re a genius.

• On February 9, 2012 , Christi said:

So cute! Love it!

• On February 9, 2012 , ilene said:

i love these theme boxes. so fun!

• On February 9, 2012 , Alison said:

YOU ARE MY FAVE. and so is this.

• On February 9, 2012 , Randi said:

Dear Valentine’s day in a box,

I think I love you :)

• On February 9, 2012 , Karen said:

Love this series!!!! I recognize at least one item from that Bhldn sale….

• On February 9, 2012 , Lehua said:

those cups are adorable.
    ordering as we speak!

• On February 9, 2012 , sharon said:

thank you for being a genius with these themed boxes you create. got any ideas for a “care package” themed box for someone going off to college?

• On February 9, 2012 , kim said:

Goodie! Cant wait to see what you come up with.

• On February 9, 2012 , tiffany said:

so glad you gave my buddy robin’s shop a shout out!

• On February 9, 2012 , Lexy @ The Proper Pinwheel said:

I will take four summer olympics boxes please.

• On February 9, 2012 , .m. said:

Love this series! Partly because of things you put in there! How about a rainy day box?!

• On February 9, 2012 , Katie said:

fun! I love all your boxed-gifts! and I can’t believe those heart cups are from party city. great find!

• On February 9, 2012 , Mary E said:

#3 in my happy journal today: finding your blog <3

• On February 9, 2012 , Mellissa {deLovely Affair} said:

Could I be any more in love? A box after my own heart! Brilliant idea. Look forward to seeing all your new ones!

Thanks for sharing,
    Mellissa

• On February 9, 2012 , abi said:

oh my word, i love this! great job, beautiful choices. i cannot wait for the one for the olympics!! my favorite! i have done some boxes in the past: moving and “college finals week” but this is just adorable!

• On February 9, 2012 , Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said:

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

• On February 9, 2012 , Tommy said:

This is such a clever idea. I just love your blog. It makes me smile every day. Thanks!

• On February 10, 2012 , emily said:

best idea ever! i still think you should open an etsy shop full of every different occasion in a box. so, so happy!

• On February 10, 2012 , Happy Weekend | Lovestruck Social Events said:

[...] Love in a box [...]

• On February 10, 2012 , Sarah said:

this is so great. i want to sign up for your class on the alt channel so badly (bringing in the bacon) but can’t. maybe you can slip some tips into your regular posts after the fact?

• On February 10, 2012 , A Mom's Year » DIY Literary Quote Mugs / Weekend Links said:

[...] Valentine’s Day in a box. Very cute. [...]

• On February 10, 2012 , jennifer little said:

so cute!! Love this idea! I head to CO Sunday for good… yay!

• On February 10, 2012 , Lauren at TwIn Style said:

Ooh, so pretty and sweet! I can’t imagine how much fun it would be to open this. Also, strawberry creme Ritter Sport?! I wonder if they make a dark chocolate version.

• On February 10, 2012 , Sera said:

What a great gift idea!

• On February 11, 2012 , sarah said:

Love this idea! This would be great for family or friends that live out of town, a neighbor that lives alone or even military personnel serving our counry abroad! I shared this link to your post on my blog. http://365daysofholidaydeals.com/all-things-valentine-day-8/

• On February 12, 2012 , Danielle said:

These are so inspiring. When I first went away to college, my best friend and I had planned boxes like these to keep each other happy, but we sucked at follow through. I love the work you do. Adorable!

• On February 12, 2012 , Rachel said:

Summer Olympics in a box???!!! Inspired!!! (Send it to me, please)

• On February 13, 2012 , kathastrophal said:

[...] So so cute: Valentine’s Day in a box [You are my [...]

• On February 13, 2012 , Weekend Recap & Links I Loved – Week #06/2012 | kathastrophal said:

[...] So so cute: Valentine’s Day in a box [You are my [...]

• On February 14, 2012 , Maak van elke dag een feest – Valentijn « Prinses Smeerkaas said:

[...] Dit hoort in een valentijnsverrassingsdoos volgens You Are My Fave. [...]

• On February 26, 2012 , kb said:

yes! you know i’m on YAMF right now searching your archives for Stuff To Shove In A Box inspiration as a gift for a friend. virtual annoying girl scream for A SERIES.

• On March 14, 2012 , Fave in a box | fritz said:

[...] love in a box [...]

• On June 7, 2012 , Presentes criativos para o Dia dos Namorados! « Movimento said:

[...] Dica daqui [...]

• On February 10, 2013 , San Valentín: Valentine in a box | Bueno, bonito y barato said:

[...] blog You Are My Fave, de vez en cuando nos sorprende con sus cajitas temáticas para distintas fiestas y ocasiones. Son [...]

• On February 13, 2013 , 2013 Valentine’s Guide: DIYs | Discover Paper said:

[...] Origami Valentine’s cards by SAS Does / Figure 5: Heart jar by Stars and Sunshine / Figure 6: Valentine’s Day in a box by You Are My Fave / Figure 7: You rock, Valentine! by Wiley Valentine for Honest / Figure 8: Valentine’s tags [...]

• On January 31, 2014 , 10 Great Valentine’s Day DIY Projects | Pet Care Articles and Media Around the Web said:

[…] The Alison Show  //  7. Printable Pencil Valentine, Sweet Muffin Suite  //  8. Valentine’s Day in a Box, You Are My Fave  //  9. Date Idea Arrows, Sugar and Cloth   //  10. Printable […]

• On January 31, 2014 , 10 Great Valentine’s Day DIY Projects | Glyco Flex 3 Blog Page said:

• On February 1, 2014 , 10 Great Valentine’s Day DIY Projects | Pet Care Blog Articles said:

• On February 1, 2014 , 10 Great Valentine’s Day DIY Projects | Pet Care Around the Web said:

• On February 5, 2014 , 18 DIY Valentines ideas | 18 DIY Ystävänpäiväideaa :: Best Day Ever said:

[…] Valentines in a box | DIY paper heart garland Ystävänpäivä laatikossa | DIY paperisydänviiri […]

• On February 14, 2014 , 14 Presentes de Valentine’s Day | Studio K said:

[…] Decoração de Coração 2. Cartão dentro da caixa 3. Valentine’s Day dentro da caixa 4. Bolo surpresa 5. Réguas 6. Caixinha de tic-Tac 7. Potinho de doces 8. Parede de corações 9. […]

• On April 6, 2014 , Garcinia Cambogia Dr Oz said:

He now has his own program,” The garcinia dr oz Dr. This will give you a brand new life every single day. Oprah Winfrey settles defamation lawsuit with headmistressOprah Winfrey settles defamation lawsuit with headmistressMartha Stewart, Taylor Lautner, and Oprah Winfrey? These drinks can tend to become quite bland so at times it can be found in many foods and drinks.