a short list of business is my fave

April 20, 2012

SANFRAN_600

Two items of business before I go have a baby (for real):
- Things will be quiet around here next week but starting April 30, I have an amazing line-up of guest posters scheduled. Trust me, you’ll be well taken care of.
- Turns out because I upload my photos to Flickr, it’s not allowing pins from my site. This was not my doing! I’m thrilled when you pin my stuff. I will soon discontinue my use of Flickr, but until then you can use the little Pin It widget at the bottom of each post which seems to work.

And some more posts I wrote this week that you’re sure to like:
- A list of my favorite party supply resources (you’re want to file this one away)
- 10 beauty in the everyday blogs you should be reading
- Forget wallpaper, hand paint your pattern instead (you will die over the peony one)
- The #1 thing I need for summer (will you help me pick one out?)
- Best of the week!

map from Best Made Co

• On April 20, 2012 , Christi said:

Love the party supply guide – thank you! So very excited for you, Melanie!! Can’t wait for your little guy to make an appearance :) :)

• On April 20, 2012 , Rachel (heart of light) said:

Whoa! Thanks for letting me know about the Flickr/pinning issues! I had no idea – when did they change that?

FYI – I just checked it out frantically (do not want to have to switch at this point) and you can change your settings so that the pictures are pinnable. You just have to go to the search options and unclick all the various “hide” options. I just did it and now my photos are pinnable again. Whew.

• On April 20, 2012 , Rachel (heart of light) said:

Oh, and the most important thing – good luck and enjoy the little one!

• On April 20, 2012 , hannah said:

apparently there is a way to continue pinning with flickr-hosted images, i just haven’t figured it out yet. there’s a thread going on at flickr about this very thing here.

good luck with the bébé!!

• On April 20, 2012 , Jeanette said:

Great Blog suggestions! Blessings on your upcoming birth!

• On April 20, 2012 , Annie said:

Eeeek I hope everything goes wonderfully! You are about to be a MAMA!!!!

• On April 20, 2012 , katie's pencil box said:

go, mama go! sending lots of goodness your way! i can’t wait to meet your new little friend!!

• On April 20, 2012 , vicki said:

Ready…set…baby! Can’t wait to see pictures of your little guy! Sending you big wishes for an easy delivery! Enjoy this special time!!!

• On April 20, 2012 , Lena said:

Yay for baby!!

• On April 20, 2012 , The New Diplomats Wife said:

Good luck this weekend! You’ll do great – enjoy all the first moments – we’ll be here waiting to welcome baby fave when you return!

• On April 20, 2012 , kristin said:

EEEEEK congratulations on your baby boy! So excited for you. :)

I had the same pinterest/flickr problem on my site. If you change your flickr photos to “public,” it seems to work. Anyway, small potatoes. You’re gonna have a baby!!

• On April 20, 2012 , Trude said:

Wishing you the best, mama! We’ll miss you but enjoy your time away breathing in that baby smell. :)

• On April 20, 2012 , sarah said:

Yeah I noticed that on pinterest, but it’s ok if I pin through you.

Here’s wishing you a huge GOOD LUCK on all things baby. I can’t wait to see pics of the little man.

ps. Thanks for the mention (yet again:) x

• On April 20, 2012 , Lynne said:

Good luck, Melanie! You will be great! Can’t wait to see the little guy!

• On April 20, 2012 , nancy said:

long time follower, rare commenter. just wanted to wish you the best of luck in the coming days. i’m so happy for you – enjoy this special time in your life!!

• On April 20, 2012 , Katy said:

I had the exact same problem with flickr. I changed my settings – Go to “my account” Click the “privacy and Permissions” tab. Make sure you select YES to “Allow others to share your stuff.”

Happy Babyhood to you!!!

• On April 20, 2012 , kelly said:

The only reason your photos wouldn’t be pin-able is if you have them set to private. You need to change your privacy settings and they’ll work just fine. I use Flickr for all of my blog photos and they’re plenty pin-able. :)

Happy baby having! Can’t wait to meet the little one.

• On April 20, 2012 , Sha said:

You’ll be a great mom! It’s overwhelming at first but just breathe and things will slowly come into place.

P.s. Target brand diapers are the best. ( I know how loyal you are to that store! )

• On April 20, 2012 , Victoria@VictoryPaper said:

Wishing you a wonderful delivery!! xoxo!

• On April 21, 2012 , kaylen said:

Congratulations, my friend! And best of luck. Can’t wait to hear your news!!

• On April 21, 2012 , Shawn said:

Wishing you health & happiness during this time! Yay for baby!

• On April 21, 2012 , Tan said:

Ahh it’s happening soon! Congratulations to you two and a huge warm welcome to the little one soon to enter your lives, making it even more beautiful!!!
    xoxo

• On April 22, 2012 , Gabrielle - Design Mom said:

Dying to hear the news! Can’t wait. Wish I was there to spoil you and the little one!!

• On April 23, 2012 , Corrie Anne said:

Yay baby!!! Good luck. I love the peony one. Gorgeous!

• On April 23, 2012 , w said:

oh my!! How exciting!!!! Good luck!!!! :)

• On April 23, 2012 , allyn said:

thanks for sharing so much. congratulations + wishing you all the best; especially for the first few weeks of baby time. take care!

• On April 23, 2012 , Danni said:

BABY!!!!!!! AHHHH. so wonderful, I can’t wait until he’s here and to find out his name so I can call him something other than baby blodgett ;) Congrats dear friend! So extremely happy for you guys.

• On April 24, 2012 , Elisa said:

I just discovered the problem with pinning Flickr images as well, on my own blog – very disappointed :-(

Meanwhile, you linked lots of goodies, as usual. Especially love the floppy summer hats! I have a black and while one myself, and in that list, I am partial to the striped ones.

Now go forth and have that lovely baby! Can’t wait to see pics! Have a wonderful, blissful time with your family!

• On April 24, 2012 , LaurenF said:

Yaaaaaay! Congratulations, and wishing you the best of look (a bit belatedly).

• On April 24, 2012 , LaurenF said:

Or, um, luck. Whoops.

• On April 25, 2012 , Amy @Picture It said:

Best of luck with the baby!

• On April 27, 2012 , Brittany Sage said:

Best of luck with the new baby! Xo

• On April 28, 2012 , AmberLee said:

congratulations, Melanie!! I hope you and baby are enjoying every minute of getting acquainted!

• On April 30, 2012 , suellen said:

Wonderful Blog….looking forward to future posts