citrus + mint ice cubes are my fave

July 19, 2012

Today’s summer entertaining idea is from Sarah of Two Blue Lemons.

DSC_0358
I don’t have to tell you it’s hot outside today. Sometimes hot weather food can be the trickiest of all. You want flavor, refreshment, ease, no oven. These simple ice cubes are my tiny celebration of summer.

DSC_0346
Slice citrus and rip mint into empty cube trays. Fill with water and freeze. I used a mix of lemon, lime, and orange although almost any fruit would work. Raspberries would be particularly pretty especially floating in a summery cocktail or sangria.

DSC_0356

See more delicious ideas from Sarah at Two Blue Lemons

• On July 19, 2012 , Mal @ The Chic Geek said:

What a lovely and tasty addition to a summer drink

• On July 19, 2012 , Elisa said:

Brilliant idea! Definitely going to do this.

• On July 19, 2012 , Kristina @ Sarcire said:

Oh goodness! I feel refreshed just looking at this! It will be a “cool” 90F in my part of the country today.

• On July 19, 2012 , Sarah said:

Thanks for sharing! Trust me they are delicious and so crazy simple…okay I’m going to grab a nice big glass of something cold!

• On July 19, 2012 , Erin said:

Oh my, this looks so delicious! and so easy. I can’t wait to try it!

• On July 19, 2012 , Megan said:

Good plan! And that water looks like it’s wearing a mojito outfit. Lookin’ goooood.

• On July 19, 2012 , Gina said:

Looks so refreshing!!!

xo

• On July 19, 2012 , Vanessa said:

Amazing! I love this idea!

• On July 19, 2012 , Sarah said:

Fun! I love this! I’ve seen so many cute ways to do this and I just need to take the time and do it!

- Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

• On July 20, 2012 , jojo encourages said:

Wow! what an amazing idea! I would never had put these two together!

• On July 20, 2012 , Punctuation Mark said:

such a great idea to spice up your water… ha!

• On July 20, 2012 , {blending beautiful} » Have A Romantic Weekend! said:

[...] beautiful citrus & mint ice cubes are perfect for summer, don’t you [...]

• On July 22, 2012 , fathima said:

What a fantastic idea! Getting so excited just thinking about it! Would love to try the berries. Also saw an option with flower petals – lovely. Thanks for sharing!

• On July 23, 2012 , DIY Infused Water Station · Playful Learning said:

[...] Citrus + Mint Ice Cubes [...]

• On July 25, 2012 , shaina longstreet said:

Quick tip: if you make your ice cubes with boiled water they will stay clear and not get cloudy as they freeze. Makes the finished drinks look even prettier! ;) I’m gonna have to give the citrus + mint a try!

• On July 26, 2012 , Juicy Couture « sumpretty said:

[...] Fresh lemon wedges in water have always been refreshing. Now they’re taking it to another level: Citrus + mint ice cubes! [...]

• On July 29, 2012 , Tan said:

I just did a post on harvesting herbs by making ice cubes and mentioned doing the same for mint to be put in a drink. But with citrus as well!? Well that’s just ingenious.

• On August 1, 2012 , Today is for Lovers | Glitter and Grit said:

[...] project. :: Herriott Grace beeswax salve for your cutting boards and wooden kitchen utensils! :: Flavored ice cubes, yes please! :: I love love love Uppercase Magazine.  Issue 14 is out! :: My moonlodge sister [...]

• On August 30, 2012 , A Coke A Day For A Week | Health Tips, Fitness Advice, Beauty Reviews & Lifestyle Blog - WithLoveFay.com said:

[...] tip: blogs.babble.com & youaremyfave.com) Filed under: Advice, Blog, Recipes Leave a comment Comments (0) Trackbacks (0) ( subscribe to [...]

• On October 23, 2012 , Receita que vale ouro | Amarelo Ouro said:

[...] (imagens: youaremyfave.com/; thethriftymama.com; contrary-garden.blogspot.com) Tweet Facebook Esta entrada foi publicada em Servir bem e marcada com a tag agua refrescante verao, gelo com hortela, gelo com limao, gelo evento informal, gelo para churrasco, gelo para piscinada, gelo verao, gelos decorados, ideia para decorar gelo. Adicione o link permanente aos seus favoritos. ← Convites, rendas & texturas [...]

• On October 30, 2013 , supplement for muscle growth said:

Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if
    that would be ok. I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

• On May 27, 2014 , DIY Infused Water Station » Playful Learning said: