a painted desk organizer is my fave

September 13, 2012

I was falling down an Internet hole of self pity/general crankiness yesterday so I decided to walk away and make. I had seen this pencil holder and knew I had the materials on hand (sometimes it pays to be a supply hoarder) so while Beck slumbered soundly, I sat and painted and glued.

I just used glass jars, tea tins, acrylic paint, a wooden board and super glue. Craft therapy.

What have you made lately?

• On September 13, 2012 , natalie @ The SoHo said:

So cute! I love the colors you chose.

• On September 13, 2012 , robyn said:

looks great-would look brill on my teacher’s desk!

• On September 13, 2012 , Kelly said:

This is such a cute idea! I love seeing a peek of the gold tin on the inside. The colors are fab, too.

• On September 13, 2012 , Janssen said:

That is DARLING! Brainstorming what I could use to make something similar.

I just painted this Halloween carafe and I’m ludicrously proud of it: http://www.everyday-reading.com/2012/09/easy-diy-halloween-carafe.html (which tells you how not crafty I am).

• On September 13, 2012 , Janae @ Bring Joy said:

“I was falling down an Internet hole of self pity/general crankiness yesterday so I decided to walk away and make.”

I too, find if I spend too much time, or get lost in the “hole” that is the internet I get cranky & disatisfied with life. Making (or baking, as I tend to do) is a great way to feel better about things.

I love the shades of green.

• On September 13, 2012 , Karen said:

Natalie stole my comment – love the colors you chose! Crafting and baking therapy are the best types.

• On September 13, 2012 , Elaine Ramos said:

I like that you added a container for a flower! :D

• On September 13, 2012 , Kelly @ Studio DIY said:

Love the color scheme Melanie! This would be awesome in super duper long form as a table centerpiece… now look what you’ve done! I have to go make one! =)

• On September 13, 2012 , sarah said:

Looks beautiful. Craft therapy is the bestest…apart from when it turns out crap! I’ve been making some fall garlands out of pine cones, my hands look like I’ve been in a fight with a feisty kitty!

• On September 13, 2012 , Kelsey Elizabeth said:

My little sister will squeal when she sees this! Her accent wall is currently borderline neon lime green, this will complement it perfectly!

• On September 13, 2012 , Jessica Thiessen said:

This is cute! I’m with you – whenever I become a Debbie Downer as a result of looking all over the internet, I practically slam my computer (poor little Mac) and run away. You handled the “Internet hold of self-pity/general crankiness” perfectly.

• On September 13, 2012 , Sara Strauss said:

Such a great idea! Love the colors and ombre look!
    ~Sara

• On September 13, 2012 , Gina said:

I was totally crafting yesterday too! It was so much fun.

• On September 13, 2012 , marcella said:

so sweet
    pretty colors

• On September 13, 2012 , Lena said:

This is darling, and so clever! I’ve got squared acrylic accessories on my desk at work, which match the surroundings but don’t say very much about me!

• On September 13, 2012 , Heather said:

What a great idea. Looks really cool too!

• On September 13, 2012 , Hallie said:

I have some leftover paint AND some old, unused tins. I guess it’s craft time! :D

p.s. The images are lovely, Melanie!

• On September 13, 2012 , natalli said:

LOVE this idea. Why have I been trying to paint glasswear from the inside??? I just made this cardigan for my little guy:

Makes me feel better to be doing something besides keeping up with the Kardashians while I sit at home all day.

• On September 14, 2012 , 5 DIYs That Make Me Want To Go To Home Depot | Henry HappenedHenry Happened said:

[...] This painted desk organizer is my fave. [...]

• On September 16, 2012 , Design your life said:

So simple idea and great result. I love it!

• On September 18, 2012 , how2home said:

Love it! Really love the different shades of green!

• On September 25, 2012 , Mariana said:

Love this!! Great idea, simple and beautiful.

• On February 16, 2013 , Hazlo tú misma:organizadores de escritorio said:

[...] Tutorial en You Are My Fave [...]

• On February 28, 2014 , www.momslittlerunningbuddy.com said:

hey there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up anything new from right here.

I did however expertise several technical issues using this
    web site, as I experienced to reload the website a lot of times
    previous to I could get it to load correctly.
    I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining,
    but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in
    google and could damage your quality score if ads and marketing
    with Adwords. Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective fascinating content.
    Ensure that you update this again very soon.

• On May 2, 2014 , graphic design said:

I read this paragraph fully regarding the resemblance of most
    recent and preceding technologies, it’s remarkable article.

• On May 8, 2014 , Teachthrutech.Com said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on gardening ideas.
    Regards

• On May 25, 2014 , intensedebate.com said:

Remarkable issues here. I am very satisfied to look your post.
    Thank you so much and I’m taking a look ahead to touch you.

Will you please drop me a mail?

• On May 27, 2014 , http://familysponge.com/ said:

Hi, I do believe this is a great web site. I stumbledupon it
    ;) I’m going to come back once again since I saved as a favorite it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may
    you be rich and continue to help other people.

• On June 8, 2014 , home 4 betaland said:

I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web site who has
    shared this wonderful post at here.