mini paper bags three ways are my fave

October 16, 2012

Sometimes I think you could give a a bag of Neccos as a gift and the recepient would still be excited if it were wrapped pretty. Here are three simple ways to make a brown paper bag gift ready instead of just cold lunch ready, all taking 5 minutes or less.

For the patterned flocking you’ll need:
- Martha Stewart Crafts Flocking Transfer Kit
- scissors

All you need to do is cut the double sided sticker to size, apply the flocking sheet texture side down in and press down with a popsicle stick. Then peel and reveal. For a similar look you could also just stencil a pattern on with paint.

For the foil transfer you’ll need:
- double sided alphabet stickers
- Martha Stewart Crafts foil sheets (I tried just foil candy wrappers and it did not work)
- popsicle stick

Write out your message by applying the alphabet stickers. Place the foil sheet on top with the metallic side up and press down over the letters with a popsicle stick. Then peel (slowly) and reveal. This one’s my favorite.

For the stamped and stitched you’ll need:
- patterned stamp (I used the Martha Stewart Crafts Set Your Own Stamp Case)
- contrast thread
- sewing machine

Stamp and stitch shut.

Treat receptacles complete.

* I was not paid by Martha Stewart Crafts for this post, I just use a lot of their product.

• On October 16, 2012 , Janelle D said:

Ou, I like the shiny one! I’ll have to hunt down some of those alphabet stickers.

• On October 16, 2012 , McKenna Ryan said:

These paper sacks are so cute!! I love the stitching on the first one and the stamps are to die for. I am hosting my friends Bridal Shower soon and the theme is very rustic and woodsy. These bags would be perfect to put the favors in. Thank you so much for posting this.

• On October 16, 2012 , Yelle said:

Love the stamped one! Super great!

• On October 16, 2012 , Gina said:

The only thing necco wafers are good for is for decorating gingerbread house roofs.

• On October 16, 2012 , Stephania said:

Love this idea! So adorable!

• On October 16, 2012 , Rachel said:

Oh, these are just too fun. I love the idea of using the flocking transfer kit for something like this. The applications are flying through my brain! Thanks for some dang good ideas :)

• On October 16, 2012 , Carrie Rowe // cue the confetti said:

These are great! I love the white and the sew top.

• On October 16, 2012 , April Louise said:

I love the stenciled style. These look great.

• On October 16, 2012 , marisa said:

I love the metallic one. Where did you get the double sided alphabet stickers?

• On October 16, 2012 , Janssen said:

I think the awesome wrapping would make me even more sad to find out that the “gift” was Neccos.

• On October 17, 2012 , Sarah said:

The gold foil look is my fav…. good ol Martha ;)

- Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

• On October 17, 2012 , anna - Today I Like Blog said:

they’re very nice! I am talking about cute packaging today in the blog, it really makes a difference, a nice packaging, doesn’t it?

• On October 17, 2012 , Jess said:

This is so cute! I really like the Hip, Hip, Hoo-Ray bag.

• On October 19, 2012 , Hallie said:

i JUST bought that stamp set! going to have to use it for sure now :)

• On October 19, 2012 , loving >> week 47 | Ciao Bella! said:

[...] bits and pieces to make you smile :) What’s not to love? One post that caught my eye was this Mini Bags tutorial. They look stunning, yet are totally doable. I can’t wait to try the lace one out this month. [...]

• On October 20, 2012 , Weekend Notes | Camille Styles said:

[...] 3 pretty things to do with paper bags. [...]

• On October 21, 2012 , Sunday Smiles are Pretty Muddy 10.20.12 » Sneakers 2 Sandals said:

[...] This post on paper bags 3 ways is a perfect example of how the creativity on the web is [...]

• On October 23, 2012 , lyndsay said:

that set your own stamp thingie set is perfectly font-adorable.

i love the look of the paper bag as giftwrap!

• On October 24, 2012 , BeSoGood said:

I am loving these bag ideas. I always wrap presents in brown paper and have a twine bow, but this adds a bit of glitz to it. I like it!

• On November 12, 2012 , a colorful advent is my fave | You Are My Fave said:

[...] Step Two: Number them up with the paint pen and gold foil (you can read about the technique in this post). Preferably have someone with decent handwriting complete this step. Step Three: Fill with treats [...]

• On November 30, 2012 , CarMom said:

How do you sew the bags? With a machine?

• On November 30, 2012 , CarMom said:

Just on a regular setting? It doesn’t hurt the needle etc?

• On December 18, 2012 , TREAT OF THE DAY #1 « Sparkle and Mellow said:

[...] trouvé ces petite merveilles sur le site de DIY, “You are my Fav” et j’ai pensé que cela pouvait être une manière originale d’offrir des cadeaux, qui [...]

• On February 8, 2014 , DIY BIRTHDAY PARTY DECORATING IDEAS | Best Friends For Frosting said:

[…] bags are sustainable, budget friendly, and easy to decorate! Hip hip hooray for these Mini Paper Bags! (via you are my […]