stamped gift wrap is my fave

November 26, 2012

YAMF Holiday Handmade is sponsored by Kollabora, the community for makers.
you are my fave: stamped gift wrap from humunuku shoppe
Today’s holiday handmade post is from the talented Alana Davis of Humunuku Shoppe.

So much of the wrapping paper selection at stores is tacky and overpriced. Here’s a way to make your own pretty paper to wrap your holiday gifts in or crank out a stack of sheets and save them for other celebrations.
you are my fave: stamped gift wrap from humunuku shoppe
To make your own you’ll need:
- stamp design (download this pattern here)
- rubber carving block
- pencil
- knife or razor blade
- carving tool
- stamp pad
- fabric and/or paper
you are my fave: stamped gift wrap from humunuku shoppe
Step One: Outline the design with pencil and press it facedown onto the carving block. Then trace the lines with a bone folder.
Step Two: Use a carving tool to make the lines deeper and more defined. Carefully cut out entire shape with a razor or knife.
you are my fave: stamped gift wrap from humunuku shoppe
Step Three: Using a brayer and ink or stamp pad, ink up your stamp. Stamp your design on paper or fabric.
you are my fave: stamped gift wrap from humunuku shoppe
Step Four: Wow all your giftees with your craftiness.
you are my fave: stamped gift wrap from humunuku shoppe
you are my fave: stamped gift wrap from humunuku shoppe
See a lot more pretty from Alana by visiting her website and Etsy shop. I’m especially loving her joyeux noel cards.

• On November 26, 2012 , Chloe Moon said:

So cool & inventive!! I love giving presents with just a lil personal touch! Stamped paper would be perfect for that! =)

Ergo – Blog

• On November 26, 2012 , little kitchie said:

i love this! i agree that i can’t find wrapping paper in stores that i love, and it is so expensive. great alternative!

• On November 26, 2012 , Janelle said:

This is so pretty. I love the design you used! I have been wanting to make some stamped paper, I just need to buy a roll of kraft wrapping paper and go for it!

• On November 26, 2012 , Yelle said:

Love this! So gorgeous and perfect for holiday gifts.

• On November 26, 2012 , Anna said:

It is beautiful! What type of ink did she use? I can never get that dark of a color.

• On November 26, 2012 , Elena @ Randomly Happy said:

Great minds must think alike! I’m planning on doing some stamping for wrapping this year… using a rolling pin. Gulp. Hope it works out OK.

There’s just something special about creating creative wrapping paper, I’d recommend it to anyone.

x Elena @ Randomly Happy

• On December 2, 2012 , Esika said:

Excellent idea! I’m going to do this and pair it with these mongramed gift tags: http://makingitlovely.com/2012/11/26/free-printable-monogram-christmas-gift-tags. I’m going to match my print with the leaf pattern on the tags – it’s going to look hamazing!

• On December 3, 2012 , domestikate said:

Love this, it’s so pretty and looks pretty simple! The gold leaves are especially lovely.

• On December 8, 2012 , Joanna said:

Great idea! It seems that my Saturday will be full of stamps :) Thanks for the inspiration, Melanie! :)

• On December 8, 2012 , Kleine Wunder überall » Wochenrückblick 44/12 said: