a tiny jar of valentine cookies is my fave

January 29, 2013

If you’re trying to win over a Valentine, you can’t really go wrong with chocolate and cream cheese frosting.
IMG_6225

To make your own jar of mini heart cookies you’ll need:
- a batch of homemade oreos (or a favorite type of cookie)
- mini heart cookie cutter
- weck jar
- twine + paper

you are my fave: mini homemade oreo hearts you are my fave: mini homemade oreo hearts

Simply bake the cookies as instructed, cut them out into heart shape, fill your jar and package with twine and a paper flag.

you are my fave: mini homemade oreo hearts
I tried to come up with a corny saying for the label but every one I came up with was very Michael Scott-ish. Do you have any clever ideas?

• On January 29, 2013 , Melissa @ Bless this Mess said:

No girl, you are MY fave for the shout out for those oreos! Thanks a million… cutest way to give them ever.

• On January 29, 2013 , Heather said:

Such a cute idea.

• On January 29, 2013 , robyn said:

cuteness.
    ‘I’m sweet on you’

• On January 29, 2013 , Rachel said:

I can never come up with corny sayings, so I can’t help you there. But those cookies look adorable (and delicious)!

• On January 29, 2013 , Little Kitchie said:

Adorable! I love this idea.

• On January 29, 2013 , Lena said:

How adorable–and delicious!

• On January 29, 2013 , Monsterscircus said:

Wondeful and looks so lovely with the simple tag, and beautiful font btw. Have a great day :-)

• On January 29, 2013 , Gina said:

Yum! I get to eat the cookies that are left over with a heart cut out of the middle. Or double duty would be to put a whole cookie on the bottom, pink cream cheese frosting and then the round cookie with the cutout on top!

• On January 29, 2013 , Chloe Moon said:

Absolutely adorable!! I love that the cookies are shaped like a heart!!! =)

• On January 29, 2013 , natalie @ The SoHo said:

No, you can’t go wrong. These are too cute! I could knock out that whole jar in one sitting.

• On January 29, 2013 , Stefani said:

So cute! And delicious-looking. How can you go wrong with cream cheese? What a perfect little Valentine!

• On January 30, 2013 , Ceci said:

They looks so cute. Where did yoy get the cookie cutter?

• On January 30, 2013 , LARY@ Inspiration Nook said:

Love this! How cute :)

• On January 30, 2013 , Justyna said:

this is so great idea. love it! ; )

• On January 30, 2013 , Lashley said:

Cute project! The tiny glass jar area is my favorite section in True Value.

The hearts and the glass jar made me think of Blondie’s “Heart of Glass,” so I looked up the lyrics for inspiration for the label, but turns out that’s just a depressing and weird song.

• On February 1, 2013 , Las mejores ideas para San Valentín… | Vestidos de Fiesta, Ropa de Moda | D-Shopping said:

[...] Love Tutorial Pulseras Tarta con corazones/ Caja de Galletas/ Bote de Galletas /Bolsa de San Valentin Viral video by ebuzzing Y como en la blogesfera hay muchísima [...]

• On February 1, 2013 , Las mejores ideas para San Valentín…Coral Marina | Coral Marina said:

[...] Love Tutorial Pulseras Tarta con corazones/ Caja de Galletas/ Bote de Galletas /Bolsa de San Valentin Y como en la blogesfera hay muchisima generosidad, en la mayoria de [...]

• On February 1, 2013 , julia // anderson lane said:

Melanie, you are MY fave! I know I can always count on you when I’ve got crafter’s block around the holidays. I have been trying to figure out what kind of Valentine’s Day treats to give to my friends and coworkers, and this is perfect!

• On February 4, 2013 , Handmade Valentines | a subtle revelry said:

[...] 1. jar of cookies - you are my fave | 2. candy heart necklace - crafty chicks | 3. photo caption cards - delia creates | 4. cereal valentines - lily jane | 5. valentine boxes - inchmark | 6. heart cookie sandwiches - bhg | 7. “light of my life” - design*sponge | 8. heart cupcakes - martha stewart | 9. rose barrettes - purl bee | 10. stuck on you - julep | 11. treat boxes - funkytime | 12. candy bark - making home base  | 13. “stamped with love” packets - clever charlotte | 14. “naturally sweet” stickers - twig&thistle | 15. printable cards - sweet muffin suite  | 16. heart pins - purl bee | 17. photo bookmark - urban comfort | 18. love lollies - teri’s place | 19. origami hearts - michael’s  | 20. heart handwarmers - alpha mom | 21. fabric envelopes - craft-o-maniac | 22. red velvet macarons - delectable deliciousness | 23. pencil arrows - sweet muffin suite  | 24. printable postcards - funkytime | 25. (with title) rose cupcakes - baker’s royale [...]

• On February 6, 2013 , Cecile Carlson said:

where do i get the recipe. Much neeed as i am a baker for my church cofee bar.

• On February 10, 2013 , Sweets for your Sweetie {A Week Filled With Love} | kathastrophal said:

[...] yummy: Heart Cookies | Marshmallow Sticks | Tiny jar of Valentine’s Cookies | Tea-riffic Auch lecker & herzig: Herz-Kekse | Marshmallow Sticks | Cookies im Glas | [...]

• On January 14, 2014 , Las mejores ideas para San Valentín… | Comparte Mi Moda said:

[…] Imprimibles gratuitos Abecedario Love Tutorial Pulseras Tarta con corazones/ Caja de Galletas/ Bote de Galletas /Bolsa de San Valentin Y como en la blogesfera hay muchísima generosidad, en la mayoría de blogs […]