Today’s Easter treat is from Alana Davis of Humunuku Shoppe. This salty/sweet snack would be equally as great for a place setting, neighbor gift, basket filler, favor, or my breakfast.
To make your own chocolate nests you’ll need:
– 12 oz of your favorite white chocolate
– 4 cups of pretzel sticks
– your favorite egg shaped easter egg candies (I’ve used the Easter version of Peanut Butter M&M’s)
1. Slowly melt your white chocolate on very low heat either over a double boiler (be careful not to get condensation in the bowl, as it tends to make the chocolate seize up). Or in the microwave on 50% power, 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each interval until smooth.
2. Pour melted chocolate over pretzel sticks and stir to coat evenly. (You can use a wooden spoon to break some of the sticks into smaller pieces)
3. Using a spoon and fork, form birds nests on parchment paper.
4. Add three of your egg candies to look like little birdie eggs in your nest.
5. Let the chocolate set for a bit until firm. You can put it in the fridge for a few minutes to speed it up, but don’t leave it in there too long!
6. Package and decorate anyway you like. I’ve used flat cellophane bags and black string.