a snack box is my fave

April 26, 2013

snack box for new moms

snack box for new moms

snack box for new moms

One of the things I appreciated most while I was going through post partum chaos was the gift of food. I had to keep a stash of snacks next to my bed because I would be so ravenous when I woke up. So I created this snack box for new moms that is super easy to put together and would earn you lots of brownie points. The full post with the free label downloads (courtesy of Kirsten) can be found right here on Julep. FYI: don’t buy chocolate covered almonds at Sprouts, the chocolate/nut ratio is totally off.

Here are some more posts from this week you just might like:
- My best friend shared the story of her baby girl who received a life saving liver transplant at six weeks for National Donate Life Month
- 12 months of Beck (5 and 10 months are my fave)
- Cinco de Mayo is an excuse to eat excessive amounts of guacamole and to make one of these fiesta worthy projects
- Seven toddler approved books
- I love a good party diy, so I rounded up 23!
- Admit it, a custom address stamp would be super useful

Lastly, I’m teaching a new class for the Alt Channel on Monday – Contributing 101. Let’s make it a date!

• On April 26, 2013 , hannah said:

yes! a custom address stamp is always a good idea. we had one made for wedding planning, but used it for christmas cards + regular mail too. such a good investment.

also, i’m not pre- or post-partum, but i want to eat everything in that box.

• On April 26, 2013 , Meg said:

What a sweet and thoughtful gift.
    It is packaged so nicely.

• On April 26, 2013 , Lisette said:

Great idea!

• On April 26, 2013 , Christi said:

This is fantastic! Snacks are definitely one of the best things you can give a new mom, and the labels are just awesome! I love this, and I’ll use it!

• On April 26, 2013 , Kelly said:

Best gift ever! Love it!

• On April 26, 2013 , Katie said:

Kelly’s story about Matilda is so gut wrenching. I can’t even imagine.

My sister-in-law takes photos of babies that pass away in the hospital (stillbirths, or babies that pass from other complications). I can barely handle anyone talking about it. It’s so heartbreaking and I always feel so much fear and worry.

• On April 26, 2013 , welcome to our wonderland said:

where did you find those cute tiny Naked Juice bottles?

• On April 29, 2013 , domestikate said:

Love this idea! Totally stealing it for the next new mum in my life!

• On April 30, 2013 , Petit-on said:

So cute! I love this idea. My favorite is the midnight snack ;)

• On May 6, 2013 , Homemade Mother's Day Gifts said:

[...] new mama snack box, you are my fave [...]

• On May 6, 2013 , Lauren said:

Hi, there! I added this craft to my DIY Mother’s Day Gift blog post today {http://seefritz.com/2013/05/homemade-mothers-day-gifts/}. I love the idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

• On May 6, 2013 , Farrah said:

Ohhhh, little Beck!!! I loved looking through that series. You’re right – month 5 is super awesome. He was the teeniest tiniest little baby – I still remember his little bird bones and how small he seemed when he was born. Then I had Eddie and things got even smaller, lol.

• On May 30, 2013 , Oh Hey Baby: 10 Things Friday! said: