frozen watermelon slush is my fave

July 2, 2013

frozen watermelon slush

There is little in life that disappoints me more than when I bite into a cookie and realize it’s oatmeal raisin not oatmeal chocolate chip and when I spend minutes examining watermelons only to choose a mushy one out. So I was super happy when my sister told me about this slush where you can use up that so-so watermelon simply by freezing it.

frozen watermelon slush

To make the slush you need:
- 4 c frozen watermelon cubes
- 1/2 c lemon juice
- 1/2 c sugar (I use less)
- 1/2 c strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 c water or soda

Put all ingredients in blender and mix until slush like. It’s a perfect compliment to your summer barbecues and the answer to your watermelon fails (and don’t tell me to tap it and listen to the tone).

frozen watermelon slush

• On July 2, 2013 , Shelby said:

I think it’s so annoying when people are convinced that you can tell ripeness by sound. I don’t know who thought of it, but it’s dumb.

This looks tasty! I’ll probably add some liquor, though, because, ~yolo.~

:) Have a good Tuesday!

• On July 2, 2013 , Kelly said:

Yum!

• On July 2, 2013 , Karen said:

This is amazing! I hate being tricked by not-perfect watermelon. And non chocolate chip cookies! http://pinterest.com/pin/169870217165334208/

• On July 2, 2013 , lyndsay said:

ooh i got burned by a mushy watermelon just last week! total bummer!

super cute post, love the photos/styling!

^__^

• On July 2, 2013 , All that Glisters is not Gold said:

I’m glad that failure to pick the right melon lead to this though! I’ve never really tried melon but I love the colour (:
    from Em x

• On July 2, 2013 , Lena said:

This looks magical!

• On July 2, 2013 , Ryan said:

who’s meaty paw is that?

• On July 2, 2013 , Jen Ramos said:

Wow, I’m looking at this and my mouth is watering!!! Thank you for posting this, I can’t wait to enjoy some this summer!!

>>>> Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    >>>> MadeByGirl.com

• On July 2, 2013 , Lashley said:

I was going to ask about the meaty paw too, but Ryan beat me to it.

I hear there’s an app you can use to decode that elusive watermelon tap-for-ripeness scale!

• On July 2, 2013 , Lashley said:

I was going to ask about the meaty paw too, but Ryan beat me to it.

I hear there’s an app you can use to decode that watermelon tap-for-ripeness scale!

• On July 3, 2013 , Polly said:

Haha the cookie thing is SO true- nothing is better than a chocolate chip cookie! Boo raisins. This drink looks delicious and would be nice with a dash of vodka in it too I imagine ;)

• On July 4, 2013 , Natalie said:

Looks gorgeous!! I’m adding a watermelon to my shopping list as we speak!

• On July 4, 2013 , Happy 4th of July! | Fancy Free Me said:

[...] ++ For a refreshing holiday treat, these watermelon slushies look delish! (here) [...]

• On February 7, 2014 , Stephanie D said:

I love the “don’t tell me to tap it and listen to the tone” comment! Seriously, who thought that up? Even if I could balance a huge watermelon in one hand and knock on it with the other, there has got to be a better way. I already have some chopped up watermelon in my freezer and this looks like the perfect recipe to use for it. Thanks!!

• On June 25, 2014 , ccmarie said:

I used frozen mango because i didn’t have strawberries on hand….was awesome! The kids all ased for seconds:)

• On August 13, 2014 , watermelon cake toppers are my fave | You Are My Fave said:

[…] Jang watermelon party invitations from this YAMF post, a DIY watermelon piñata, watermelon slushies, and these cupcake […]