Today’s dessert post is from Rebecca Hansen of First Mate Photo and it’s perfectly timed with apple picking season.
I’m sure everyone is already into the fall spirit by now (thanks Starbucks), but in case you aren’t here’s some apple pie topping for all of your favorite desserts, ice creams, oatmeal, and spaghetti?
Apple Dessert Topping:
- 4 Apples, cubed
- 10 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt butter in medium sized saucepan
2. In a small bow mix together all dry ingredients.
3. Stir the cubed apples into the dry mixture.
4. Add apple mixture to the butter once it’s melted and stir, add vanilla.
5. Let simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
If you’re going to be using as an ice cream or cupcake topping like I did, make sure to let it cool for a little bit or it will destroy your frosting and melt the ice cream.