thirty in a box is my fave

July 15, 2014

gift wrap ideas

On Sunday, my best friend Kelly turned 30 and I thought if there were ever an occasion that called for a monumental in-a-box, this was it. So recalling Jane’s fortieth birthday box, I gathered up 30 presents. For the wrapping, I stuck with kraft paper and cardboard and simple embellishments (all found in my supply closet, thank you hoarding tendencies). Here’s just a sampling.

gift wrap ideas
gift wrap ideas
gift wrap ideas

While thinking of 30 gifts would be difficult to attempt for most people, I found it was like shopping for myself and it was nice to have an excuse to buy all those Target finds that I can never justify. Here are some of the items included (I left out the less photogenic stuff like Sixlets).

thirty in a box

sources: socks from Target, garland from Target, Gap clutch, motto journal, Orla Kiely purse kit, tape and dispenser from Target, salt water taffy, happy cards, candle, seed packets, haters gonna hate sticker, twist scarf, 30 sparklers, mini heart, the short list, have a nice day stamp, perpetual calendar from Target, necklace, post-its from Target

I’m not sharing this to toot my own horn, I’m sharing to encourage the sending of care packages. So go forth and brighten someone’s mailbox.

• On July 15, 2014 , Catherine said:

I love gifts like this! For my brother’s birthday, I bought 6 books and posted him one every month, like a mailorder book club, but with titles I carefully chose just for him. http://www.catherinesprunt.com/2014/04/reading-list-birthday-book-club.html

• On July 15, 2014 , koko said:

I really love your boxes and the little gifts, so lovely ! :D

• On July 15, 2014 , Sheryn said:

So pretty!

• On July 15, 2014 , Kelly said:

I have been having the most difficult time finding “THE GIFT” for my best friend. I typically knock it out of the park for bdays, christmas, etc. but this year couldn’t nail down that one perfect present.

You have inspired me to create a “33 in a box” for her! Taking the pressure off of finding that one perfect gift and instead getting a bunch of smaller awesome things that she’ll love will making shopping for her that much more fun!

Thanks so much for sharing this and helping me out… big time!

• On July 15, 2014 , Janssen said:

I would definitely like to be your friend ;)

• On July 15, 2014 , Michelle said:

Andy turns 40 this year. Do you think you could come up with 30-40 presents for Ryan? It seems like it would be a little harder. I’m trying to decide what to do for him, since it’s such a big one, but I don’t have any great ideas yet.

• On July 15, 2014 , Lindy said:

Very fun! 30 is a big one and deserves to be celebrated in a big way! Love this idea! When my cousin turned 35 I mailed him 35 individual cards. He thought it was pretty fun and immediately knew who they were from upon seeing the mass amount of mail in his mailbox in one day!

• On July 15, 2014 , Lyndsay // Coco Cake Land said:

i just love your guys’s friendship so much. i wish i could hang out with you both and eat buckets of ice cream and snack our FACES off and watch parks and rec. HAPPY 30th kelly!! and melanie you are just too cute, what a perfectly sweet gesture to celebrate a milestone bday! xo

• On July 15, 2014 , Katie said:

Ummm this is adorable! I am totally going to start collecting things for my sister’s 30th next year. Your friend is lucky to have you!

• On July 15, 2014 , Kelly Smith said:

TOP NOTCH! Top notch, I tell you!

• On July 16, 2014 , Beate said:

Oh, this is my fave! :)

• On July 16, 2014 , Rachel said:

This is AMAZING !!! I am so copying this idea :) What a GREAT friend you are.

• On July 20, 2014 , Dana said:

Loving those number sparklers!

• On August 1, 2014 , Favorites This Week (8/1) | For The Love Of Justice said:

[…] Thirty In a Box // You Are My Fave  In light of this week’s birthday post, I sorta love this idea! […]

• On August 3, 2014 , GT Racing 2 cheats said:

I blog quite often and I truly appreciate your information. This great article has really peaked my interest.
    I will bookmark your website and keep checking for new details about once a week.
    I opted in for your Feed too.

• On November 23, 2014 , Gift Wrap Ideas (6): Craft Paper - PaintSewGlueChew said:

[…] love these gifts with fun little embellishments from You are my fave   The brown paper keeps the theme consistent.  Unfussy and […]

• On November 25, 2014 , 7 wonderful gift wrapping ideas | A mums dream said:

[…] Washi tape, pom poms, balloons, twine and paper crafts on Kraft wrapping paper – You are my fave […]

• On December 3, 2014 , Les jolis papiers cadeaux Kraft | Happy Housewife said:

[…] Voilà des idées originales pour des présents à offrir lors d’une fête ou tout simplement à des enfants… Source : You are my fave. […]