Here’s my official goodbye to You Are My Fave. I dragged it out so long it’s very anticlimactic, dang.
I have a long list of reasons why it’s time but I won’t make this more dramatic than it needs to be. You’ll still be able to find me regularly on Instagram where I’ll share any updates on projects. And guess what?! My party line is coming soon. Sign up at Hip Hip to be notified at it’s launch.
And to make me feel like something was accomplished over my years of blogging, here are some of my favorite posts. Humor me a little by letting me know one of your faves.
Hanging Fabric Flowers | First Birthday Party | Party Headbands | Thank You Bag Toppers | Name Buttons | Pretzel Party | An Awesome Party | Birthday Cake Poster | Origami Love Notes | Marriage Timeline | Scratch Off Advent Calendar | Letter Bag Toppers | How To Summer | Ice Cream Crawl | 30 Presents | Fruity Valentines | In a Box Series | Cake Hacks | Weather Party | Paper Backdrop | Ice Cream Party | Pinwheel Party | Harvest Party | Modern Cornucopia | Balloon Wall | Girly Baby Shower | Hip Hip Hooray Sign | Confetti Wrap | Paper Scallops | Tubs of Cookies
Thank you, you’ve been good to me. This blog has been good to me.
In the midst of last tax season (Ryan is a tax attorney and consultant) I took on some home projects to keep me distracted, one of which was getting my office in order. I didn’t do anything that required power tools, just some cosmetic changes and better organization. So if you’re looking to do the same, here are a few tips.
Before the space was just a white room with no storage except these IKEA drawer units which I highly recommend for craft supplies. They hold a load of stuff. My goal was to find a storage solution for bigger items and to add pattern to one wall.
As far as adding pattern to the wall, I went back and forth about whether to do wallpaper or paint and what pattern to do but ended up choosing painted stripes because I knew it was something I could handle. In the end, I could handle it, but it took a lot longer than I expected. Here are the steps with my tips so you don’t make the same mistakes I did.
1. Use 1.5″ painters tape and cover the entire wall from the bottom up. This step took me the longest because I did about half one night and when I woke up, most of it had come off the wall. I realized going the entire length of the wall with just one strip of tape wasn’t sturdy enough so I modified it to about three strips per length.
2. Once the entire wall is covered, remove every other strip of tape.
3. Paint over the entire wall, tape and all, the same color as the base coat of your wall. This will seal the edges so there isn’t any bleeding. (Annie shared this tip with me after I had already painted my stripes and I cursed the entire time I was doing touch-ups).
4. Paint the non taped section of wall in the colors of your choosing, this will probably take a couple of coats. I just purchased samples of each color since I knew I didn’t need that much.
5. Let dry completely then remove tape to reveal a wall of stripes.
As pleased as I was about how the wall turned out, I was equally as pleased with the storage solution I found. Since there isn’t a closet and I have larger items that I need to have easy access to, I chose this storage cabinet from Wayfair. Here are reasons I love it, that I’m not getting paid to say:
1. It’s super sturdy and indestructible.
2. It holds so. much. stuff.
3. The door locks so my kids can’t access my sharp paper cutter or make a mess with my supplies (I hide chocolate in there too).
4. It comes in my favorite color, navy.
5. We can always use it in the garage in the future.
There you have it, the prettiest corners of my office. Next goal is to rip out the carpet Beck dumped a can of paint on.
Chances are you’ve already trimmed your tree but that doesn’t mean you can’t add some ice skating zebras to it. I’ve tried, but I really can’t think of any style of tree they don’t belong on. Plus, they’re non-crafter friendly and will cost you pennies to make. It’s time to be festive folks.
– skating zebra download
– art board/cardboard (something sturdy)
– spray adhesive
– Fiskars Amplify Mixed Media Shears
– Fiskars Standard Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter or Fiskars Three-piece Eyelet Setter Set
– ribbon or twine
If you’d like to package the ornaments up for a gift, I have three patterns you can download right here, then just give them a quick punch with the Fiskars Standard Tag Maker. The Fiskars Standard Tag Maker makes it easy to create tags perfect for gifts and other crafts in just three quick, simple steps.
Happy decorating. Happy giving.
This post is sponsored by Fiskars but I would use and like their products even if it wasn’t.
You guys, I’m nailing Christmas gifts this year. I even thought of something for my dad. I know gift guides are abundant but I felt like I needed to share my good vibes with any of you who might be stumped. It’s titled for your bestie but there are ideas for everybody on this list (planner for a coworker, ice cream for your dad). You can also just send it to your significant other and say “this is my list.” Because, this is my list.
Spice grinders that fit the definition of practical but pretty.
A happy coffee table book to thumb through while waiting for the pizza bites to heat up.
An art print because you always fancied yourself a curator.
A minimal monthly planner with already penciled in brunch dates.
A gold basket to contain their wrapping paper addiction.
A sweatshirt that declares their true love.
A cozy blanket so they don’t have to get a cat to warm their feet.
A fancy pouch they love but would never buy for themselves because they’re too practical.
Ombre candles for cake topping emergencies.
A canister in their favorite color for their secret stash of Take 5 bars.
A message board so they have a platform to share their vast knowledge of movie quotes.
And their motto while wearing said sweatpants conveniently printed on a pennant.
Earrings so good they’ll consider braving Claires and getting their ears pierced just to wear them.
Butter soft booties that their feet would look might fine in.
Membership to the pint club because you want to seal the deal on the best friend title.