pretzel tots + pumpkin cream cheese frosting are my fave

October 11, 2011

IMG_2577
IMG_2607
It’s impossible for me to walk by a soft pretzel stand and not buy one so when I came across this recipe for pretzel tots from A Cozy Kitchen I pulled out my mixer and preheated the oven.

IMG_2688
Since I like to turn everything into a dessert, I made some pumpkin cream cheese frosting to dip the salty treat in. I simply added some pumpkin spice Coffee Mate to the basic cream cheese frosting recipe (half cream cheese, half butter, powdered sugar).

IMG_2672
If you wanted to serve these as a party snack, I like the idea of packaging them in printed glassine bags. I just sent these ones through my printer, no design skills required.

Time to spread the leftover frosting on graham crackers for my daily pumpkin flavor quota.

• On October 11, 2011 , Emma said:

I would be the size of a hippo if I had access to these. I think you should treat yourself to some just to celebrate that you have more self restraint then me :)

• On October 11, 2011 , natalie @ The SoHo said:

You’re better than me. I would just start eating that pumpkin cream cheese frosting by the spoonful. Yum.

• On October 11, 2011 , Katie said:

wow. these look so delicious.

• On October 11, 2011 , Kate said:

Ohhhhh…
    I want.

• On October 11, 2011 , Sandy a la Mode said:

omg i MUST make this for an upcoming baby shower!! looks SO good!!

• On October 11, 2011 , Lindy said:

Mmm, yum! Looks so tasty! Great idea!

• On October 11, 2011 , ilene said:

um, mouth is watering now. that looks sooo good!

• On October 11, 2011 , Brittany said:

Oh, my gosh, thank you so much for posting this! I can’t wait to make these! How yummy would they be with a little bit of cheese or sausage or something in them? Like teeny tiny pigs-in-a-blanket!

• On October 11, 2011 , Kelly said:

MEL! these are so cute and perfect!

• On October 11, 2011 , Lena said:

Oh my goodness, YES. These look delicious, and I just love the packaging you whipped up!

• On October 11, 2011 , alli said:

these look so irresistibly good. now I’m making them for a party this weekend.

• On October 11, 2011 , Diana said:

I’m with ya on soft pretzels! I don’t even understand why they make hard pretzels when soft ones are just so obviously superior in every way. What is with hard pretzels? Where do they even get off?

• On October 11, 2011 , Victoria said:

These look amazing! Especially with the bags and cute name:)

• On October 11, 2011 , kat jackson said:

those tots look amazing and i love the bag printing idea! going to try this for an upcoming party!

• On October 11, 2011 , Sarah Ann Noel said:

These look fantastic and delicious and cute all at once.

• On October 12, 2011 , Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen said:

OMG! Those little bags are so amazingly cute. So glad you enjoyed the recipe! And I love the pumpkin cream cheese idea!

• On October 12, 2011 , Megan said:

This is genius! My mouth is watering in a serious way – and I love the bags. So cute!

• On October 12, 2011 , janis - pinecone camp said:

Those are adorable! I’ve made pretzels many times, but haven’t made them into a “tot”. Will do next time!

• On October 12, 2011 , emily said:

mmm, this looks so so good. i will have to try my hand at some tots this weekend.

• On October 12, 2011 , Lauren at TwIn Style said:

These are so cute! One of my favorite fun things to make is pretzel dogs. You just make pretzel dough, wrap it around a hot dog (I also add cheese), then boil and bake normally. Best pigs in a blanket ever.

• On October 13, 2011 , Karen said:

Wow, these look amazing! Does the Coffee Mate taste like pumpkin? Or is it more like store-bought ‘pumpkin pie spice’ with nutmeg, cinnamon, etc?

• On October 13, 2011 , michelle said:

YUM!

• On October 13, 2011 , roysie said:

Yum! I love dipping pretzels in cream cheese. I am so going to try this.

• On October 14, 2011 , Haley K said:

BRILLIANT. I looooooooooove soft pretzels, but have never made them myself…and in tot-form! oh i can’t wait to try them. And nice work on the creamer infused cream cheese frosting…I have hazel nut and french vanilla creamer in my fridge, and I’ve never thought of jazzing up cream cheese frosting (which is my fave) with it!! thanks for sharing melanie :)

• On October 14, 2011 , Tara said:

Brilliant! Will definitely be trying these soon.

• On October 14, 2011 , Leslie said:

Yum!!

• On October 15, 2011 , katie said:

great photos! these look so tasty (including the cream cheese- definitely going to try that!). and such a great idea to run the bags through the printer.

• On October 21, 2011 , Nicole said:

oh man, these look delicious! I’m catching up on my blog reading since I’ve been gone and I missed a lot of wonderful posts on YAMF :)

• On October 28, 2011 , Susan said:

Wow. I will definitely try these. The printed bags are fabulous. I have not been successful at running these through my home printer. What printer do you use? Thanks!

• On January 18, 2012 , Discoveries: 10 New Favorite Blogs said:

[...] NYC Taught Me | 2. Cupcakes + Cashmere | 3. You Are My Fave  | 4. Inchmark 5. Daily Imprint | 6. Urban Nectar | 7. Verses From My Kitchen | 8.Roost Blog 9. [...]

• On June 23, 2012 , LauraTosney.co.uk » Blog Archive » In around 6 day’s time said:

[...] starting with these pretzel tots with pumpkin cream cheese dip?! How brilliant is the bag? Loving me that – have to try and find some of those bags for [...]

• On June 17, 2013 , Devin said:

I’m extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare
    to see a great blog like this one nowadays.

• On October 17, 2013 , loansforpeoplebadcredit.barryflast.com said:

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a
    quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your posts.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?
    Thank you!