twenty-five days of surprises are my fave

November 28, 2011

IMG_3722
IMG_3729
IMG_3733
photo 5
You really can’t go wrong with a calendar that provides a daily treat counting down until the best holiday of the year. I kind of think we should implement this system leading up to every important occasion – birthdays, due dates, the start of the next season of 30 Rock.

I hosted a day of make last week and a few attendees made advent calendars made from burlap covered boards, mini craft boxes and a whole lot of embellishments. This cute one was made by Lis and I wanted to take it home with me when she was finished.

*Today is the unofficial start of Project Holiday 2011, the opening ceremonies per-se.

• On November 28, 2011 , Amber Wallace said:

That is awesome! I wonder if I can find some inexpensive boxes locally…hmm I would love to change my plans and do something like this instead. Great job!

• On November 28, 2011 , sherri lynn @ life of a wife said:

Cutest count-down calendar ever!

• On November 28, 2011 , Jenny @ Hank + Hunt said:

FUN! I love all the different wraps and that it is just a bunch of pretty packages and not all green and red! xo

• On November 28, 2011 , Stacey @ Here's to Life said:

I’ve been thinking of how to make my own Advent calendar and this is perfect! Thanks for the fun idea!

• On November 28, 2011 , Cyber Monday « here's to life said:

[...] Super cute Christmas countdown from You Are My Fave. [...]

• On November 28, 2011 , Camille said:

I wish I could be in Colorado to attend one of your days of make! I love your creativity and how sweet your artistic aesthetic is :)

• On November 28, 2011 , Amanda Jane said:

love the fun ribbon!

• On November 28, 2011 , Erica said:

This is so cute! I love the idea of hanging little boxes on a burlap background. And I love the little embellishments she added.

• On November 28, 2011 , Karen said:

Can we get some fireworks and fanfare for these Opening Ceremonies?! This advent calendar deserves it! Super cute.

30 Rock feels so. far. away.

• On November 28, 2011 , Amy@OldSweetSong said:

Give me that. Please.

• On November 28, 2011 , Mai said:

Adorable! I need to recreate this.

• On November 28, 2011 , Lena said:

I am open mouthed-how darling!!

• On November 28, 2011 , .m. said:

I love pinstriped kraft boxes!

• On November 28, 2011 , Rebecca - A Daily Something said:

Those “JOY” boxes are my fave!!! Love the creativity….and wish I could attend one of these days of make! :D

• On November 28, 2011 , ilene said:

beautiful and inspiring! i love this!

• On November 28, 2011 , Lexy @ The Proper Pinwheel said:

holy moly. it’s here. i am in love with the pics. you guys are so talented! wish i would have snuck this in my car before anyone noticed.

• On November 29, 2011 , Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said:

Oh wow this is such a brilliant idea!

• On November 29, 2011 , zoë {conversation pieces} said:

Those are too cute! What a lovely idea… now need to find someone to make me some stat! ;)

• On November 29, 2011 , Mykol said:

What in the crap! How did I not know that you hosted a ‘Make day” You’ve gotta keep me in the loop! :)

• On November 29, 2011 , Sam at twIN Style said:

So adorable. I love the idea of doing this before a wedding; I think soon to be brides could use a little chocolate!

• On November 30, 2011 , Loulou said:

This is so pretty and so much fun. Anyone would be excited to open one of those little boxes everyday!

Loulou Downtown

• On December 8, 2011 , The Countdown | The Late Afternoon said:

[...] 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / [...]

• On December 17, 2011 , Angie said:

Boo, I could not find nice boxes like these at Michaels or Jo Ann Fabrics. Where did you find them?

• On December 19, 2011 , New favorites (Part 2) | Polish my crown said:

[...] of my favorite bloggers, Melanie from You Are My Fave, shared this homemade countdown calendar as an adorable “Twenty-five Days of Surprises” idea. All you need is a burlap sack, [...]

• On December 19, 2011 , Envolviendo regalos / Wrapping gifts | El Jardín Rojo said:

[...] You are my fave; Oh so beautiful paper; Gifted magazine; Creature comforts; Pinterest; Caroline´s homework; Sweet [...]

• On May 10, 2012 , Advent Calendar Inspiration Board | One Good Thing by Jillee said:

[...] http://www.youaremyfave.com/2011/11/28/twenty-five-days-of-surprises-are-my-fave/ [...]

• On December 25, 2012 , Brighton The Day | MERRY CHRISTMAS! said:

[...] DIY // Making it Lovely tree // You are my fave DIY // Thymes // Dreamy Whites // StyleMePretty // This is Glamorous [...]

• On July 4, 2014 , Vivienne Westwood ヴィヴィアン・ウエストウッド 時計 said:

Greetings! Very useful advice within this article!
    It is the little changes that produce the most significant changes.

Thanks for sharing!