an ornament chandelier is my fave

December 7, 2011

I love a touch of sparkle and this ornament chandelier delivers just that. Lexy cranked this one out at the Denver make day and every time I passed by it I had to make a comment of admiration. It’s just so dang pretty.

To make your own you’ll need:
- a wire wreath frame with three rings
- 20 clear glass ornaments
- pretty embellishments (feathers, tinsel, glitter, sequins)
- thread

Fill each ornament with your gathered embellishments. Then attach each one to the wreath form by knotting with thread. Vary lengths for a chandelier effect. Hang from ceiling with fishing wire and hook. Sit back and admire.

images: Yan Photo

• On December 7, 2011 , Emily said:

I love those feathers – very wintry without screaming holiday!

• On December 7, 2011 , anna said:

This would look pretty All year!

• On December 7, 2011 , jane said:

love your blog. and love Lexy. this is a great creation!

• On December 7, 2011 , Molly the waffler said:

I agree with Anna — if you wrapped pretty tape or something around the silver ornament attachment it would look a bit less Christmasy and you could leave it up al year. Pretty!

• On December 7, 2011 , The New Diplomats Wife said:

super cute – we won’t have a tree this year so maybe this is a good substitute. also bonus, since it’s hung from above, the babe can’t reach and topple it!

• On December 7, 2011 , Jenni said:

I love that you used clear ornaments for this project. Looks so pretty!

• On December 7, 2011 , Chris Loves Julia said:

So classy. So Creative. Has Lexy written all over it. Gorgeous!!

• On December 7, 2011 , Lena said:

How darling–it’s like the champagne of home decor!

• On December 7, 2011 , Corrie Anne said:

So pretty! I need a day off to make some of this awesome holdiay stuff!!!

• On December 7, 2011 , Katie said:

this is lovely! I still have your vintage ornament chandelier on my brain from last year… I even collected ornaments for it from estate sales… just need to get around to making it. love this christmas series!

• On December 7, 2011 , TravelingThisPath said:

So pretty!

• On December 7, 2011 , Alison said:

What a beautiful idea.

• On December 8, 2011 , Overlooking Mississippi said:

What a lovely idea! looks so magical and chic :)

• On December 8, 2011 , Overlooking Mississippi said:

it reminds of the ornament tree I made last year..ahh i love christmas!

• On December 8, 2011 , shalini said:

What a lovely idea!

• On December 8, 2011 , Meagan said:

Ooh! This is SO cute, such a great idea!

• On December 8, 2011 , Jennie said:

Wow, this is stunning! It would look so pretty with a mini strands of white LED lights hanging with it. Everything would glisten and softly glow.

• On December 8, 2011 , Elizabeth said:

Love this! Such a cool idea.

• On December 8, 2011 , Lauren at TwIn Style said:

I’ve been wanting to make an ornament chandelier for so long. They used to have a fancypants, non-holiday version that I would always lust after at Anthropologie. This looks so simple that I wonder what I’ve been waiting for! My husband made a garland out of marshmallows this year, and I think he’d be interested in trying out this for next year.

• On December 9, 2011 , diy ornament chandelier | Sparrow and Me Photography said:

[...] could re post a trillion little projects, but this one definitely suits the season. Head over to ww.youaremyfave.com/2011/12/07/an-ornament-chandelier-is-my-fave/to read more about this simple, diy ornament chandelier. P.S.  www.youaremyfave.com is one of my [...]

• On December 9, 2011 , Kristen said:

i am obsessed with this idea. added it to my friday favorites this week xx

• On December 9, 2011 , {blending beautiful} » Have A Festive Weekend! said:

[...] Pretty ornament chandelier. [...]

• On December 9, 2011 , Make it by Monday: Holiday Decor « bann.me said:

[...] ornament chandelier from You are my Fave is a perfect beginner's project—it's super-easy, and clear [...]

• On December 11, 2011 , Melisse said:

umm… love! This is so awesome and creative!!

• On December 12, 2011 , Make and Do Girl said:

Wow, this is so beautiful! Love the feathers inside. I’m going to have to make one of these asap.

• On December 13, 2011 , Sally @ ourdreamlives said:

Such a sweet, simple but oh so pretty idea!

• On December 14, 2011 , Holly said:

How pretty and simple! Love the idea, am excited to try this one. Thanks for the share!

• On December 14, 2011 , Heritage+Joy: Blog » DIY ornament chandelier said:

[...] on the image above to go to the full tutorial at you are my fave. Share [...]

• On December 15, 2011 , Jess said:

But I can’t find clear baubles ANYWHERE in Australia :(

• On December 19, 2011 , Kat said:

what a great idea! will be trying this out for sure!

• On December 20, 2011 , Kristin said:

I’ve come over from Martawrites, and have found a new fave! I’ve pinned lots of your beautiful packaging ideas. Thank you!

• On December 24, 2011 , theweekthatwas; 18-24, december, 2011 | nosurefooting said:

[...] Something to do with those extra ornaments. [...]

• On January 20, 2012 , Chanda Chapin said:

really beautiful. I put a link on my blog to your site. candlcountrychic.blogspot.com

• On March 27, 2012 , Design Changes—DIY Bubbly Disco-Ball Chandelier | Things Change said:

[...] from You Are My Fave and Twig [...]

• On May 9, 2012 , HERITAGE+JOY » DIY ornament chandelier said:

[...] Click on the image above to go to the full tutorial at you are my fave. [...]

• On December 11, 2013 , 12 Simple Tutorials That Use Glass Ornaments said:

[…] I love the look of this – wouldn’t this be a fun family activity?  via You Are My Fave […]