confetti invitations are my fave

December 19, 2011

IMG_4921
IMG_4883
IMG_4893
To finish up YAMF Project Holiday 2011, this week I’ll be sharing a few New Year’s Eve party ideas. Although I think it’s a bit of an overrated holiday, I always love an excuse to incorporate confetti. These invitations are super simple, I whipped them up in about 30 minutes. Disclosure: I’m in no way a graphic designer or any type of designer for that matter.

To make your own confetti invitations you’ll need:
- glassine envelopes (check Etsy or a paper supply store)
- printer
- confetti

Design your invitation text on the computer program of your choosing then print onto your envelopes. I do this by first printing the design on paper then aligning the envelope with the text, taping it on and running it through again. Fill envelopes with confetti and seal with tape. Rent a confetti cannon and when your invitees answer the door, shoot it off. They will love that.

• On December 19, 2011 , Lisa R. said:

very fun!

• On December 19, 2011 , Vicki said:

Cute, cute, cute!! I have loved all of your ideas!

• On December 19, 2011 , Molly the waffler said:

I’m having a few neighbors over for New Years, which will include 6 kids. I’m thinking about giving them paper, scissors and hole punchers so they can make their own confetti. We usually pretend it’s New Years at around 9pm (we do the countdown) and they can throw it.

• On December 19, 2011 , Heather said:

I love the combination of pink and gold. I would definitely come to a party that sent out those kind of invitations! I remember in one of your posts you said that if you make a custom invitation, people will be more likely to come to your party. Well, I did that for my holiday cocktail party and everyone came! So thanks!

• On December 19, 2011 , Connie @ Daydream In Color said:

Super duper fun!

• On December 19, 2011 , Mal @ The Chic Geek said:

Love these! So perfect for New Years

• On December 19, 2011 , HRCK the Herald said:

Such an easy way to make things a million times more fun! :)

• On December 19, 2011 , Victoria@VictoryPaper said:

What a fun idea, I’m gonna hafta do this!! And you don’t have to have a title to be the amazing designer you are!

• On December 19, 2011 , Emily said:

That’s super cute!

• On December 19, 2011 , Moriah said:

Oh I love this. My birthday is the 1st of January and I am thinking this would be a great invitation to a birthday party. I think I will start planning next years party now. :-)

• On December 19, 2011 , Rebecca - A Daily Something said:

Melanie, these are insanely awesome! I LOVE the bits of colorful confetti. Great job!

• On December 19, 2011 , Lena said:

So fun! I have to agree about New Years, although I just made a dinner reservation for John and I that I’m drooling just thinking about!

• On December 19, 2011 , Katie said:

fun! love the colors of your confetti. can we get a side-shot of the bump, please??

• On December 19, 2011 , Beth said:

love this idea. of course I’ve loved all of them!!

• On December 19, 2011 , mj said:

Cuuuuuuuuuuute idea! May have to use this for an upcoming birthday…. Hm…. :]

• On December 19, 2011 , Amanda Jane said:

Melanie, I LOVE this idea. so clever.

• On December 19, 2011 , kat jackson said:

LOVE these! I had so much fun with my last glassine bag project and now I want to add confetti! Thanks for the inspiration!

• On December 19, 2011 , JayEssJay said:

So fun!! Really puts you in the party mood!

• On December 19, 2011 , sherri lynn @ life of a wife said:

Love this idea! I like any excuse to use confetti! :)

• On December 19, 2011 , jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said:

these are such festive invites! pink and gold confetti is my favorite!

• On December 19, 2011 , Tan said:

How fun! Wish I had done that for my new years party!

• On December 20, 2011 , Mackenzie said:

Melanie, I love these! So festive and who doesn’t love a confetti cannon?! And I’m with Katie, I’m looking forward to an updated bump shot!
    Xoxo,
    Mackenzie

• On December 20, 2011 , Tara said:

Great idea! I love how you can see the confetti through the envelopes.

• On December 21, 2011 , amy c said:

these are amazing! going to use the idea for my 30th birthday party in january. :)

• On December 22, 2011 , Can it be New Years Already?! | Le Registrie said:

[...] happy happy poster via & confetti invite via This entry was posted in Gift Ideas, Le Registrie and tagged cool material, corkcicle, Gaia and [...]

• On December 26, 2011 , Gin & Jacqie Blog » DIY Wednesday: Confetti invitations said:

[...] New Year stocks and catalogue. Which is why this week’s DIY Pick of confetti invitations from You Are My Fave is such the simple pleasure to create and give that I’m kicking myself in the head for not [...]

• On December 28, 2011 , New Directions | TheFashionMagpie said:

[...] It’s a little late to be planning your own do, but — maybe next year, you can test out this adorable idea for an NYE bash invitation from bloglet You Are My Fave {discovered via Luella and [...]

• On December 28, 2011 , Allison said:

I love the gold/copper colored crepe paper! Where did you find it?

• On December 29, 2011 , New Year’s Eve :: Tinsel Inspiration | Camille Styles said:

[...] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, [...]

• On December 29, 2011 , Ring in 2012 with a Fun DIY! | Family Style said:

[...] love an idea that incorporates confetti, and this cool little New Year’s Eve Invite idea from You Are My Fave blog is a perfect one!¬† A super-simple DIY that can be completed in about a half hour and then [...]

• On December 31, 2011 , Lauren McP said:

Best. Idea. EVER.

P.S. New to your blog and am so happy I stumbled upon it :)

• On January 2, 2012 , rachael said:

love! so fun!

• On January 4, 2012 , this heArt of mine | Sparkly Birthday Invites | this heart of mine said:

[...] seeing these fabulous things on You Are My Fav, my decision was [...]

• On January 31, 2012 , amy c said:

hello there –
    been meaning to share what i did with your inspiration. thanks so much for the idea. our guests liked them.

• On November 8, 2012 , Fany said:

Great!!

• On December 31, 2012 , Monochromatic Monday :: Glitz + Glam New Year’s | Camille Styles said:

[...] tumblr, models goofing off via refinery 29, girls sitting via sterling style, confetti bag by youaremyfave, cupcakes with sparklers via peter callahan, gold bunting via sarah sherman samuel {row 3} legs via [...]

• On March 3, 2013 , Invitations I Love! | Be Sweet said:

[...] Confetti is essential for any celebration, so these NYE celebration invites can easily be turned into any kind of festive [...]

• On December 23, 2013 , 13 DIYs For Unique Thank-You Cards - Maker Crate said:

[…] 3. Confetti Glassine Pouch […]

• On December 29, 2013 , 17 Cute DIY Confetti Party Crafts | Style Motivation said:

[…] Source […]

• On June 2, 2014 , Shiny Gold Bat Mitzvah Invitations + Party Inspiration » Smock. said:

[…] Photo credits: Gold Balloons / Glittery bottles / Cake / Confetti¬† […]