the weekly list is my fave

March 23, 2012

IMG_5724
I’m a habitual list maker (but what blogger isn’t?) so I’ve decided to start sharing one weekly. Nothing fancy, just some good ole’ fashion pen to paper. I spent too much time at Target this week.

Some other posts I wrote this week that you’re sure to like (but if you don’t, the complaints department is closed):
Probably the happiest post of the week
Are you decorating eggs this year? Check out these cool ideas first
Fab picks in spring’s hottest color (can you guess what it is?)
It’s been entirely way too long since I dedicated a post to garlands, and these ones are pretty
And don’t forget, best of the week!

• On March 23, 2012 , marta said:

oh melanie, i love this. you are too cute. i am totally loving sourpatch kids with this pregnancy myself. you need to go back and buy yourself a pack. luckily i have a 7/11 within walking distance. scary.

p.s. i ADORE the orla wallpaper. am sure it puts a huge smile on your face every time you see it!

• On March 23, 2012 , Sandra said:

I admire your willpower at avoiding buying the colour-coded office supplies! Paper and anything office-organizey and blank journals for MORE lists…my weakness…

• On March 23, 2012 , Corissa said:

Watermelon sour patch kids are the best! I would have bought them…you have such control.

• On March 23, 2012 , Missy said:

ha ha. I love that you’re doing a weekly list and I especially love this particular list! I could fill a book with all the stuff I have to force myself not to buy at Target.

• On March 23, 2012 , Emily said:

I love your list idea generally, but I especially love the Target list! I ALWAYS feel like there were a million things I wanted to buy but couldn’t quite justify. Somehow making a list of it sounds satisfying :)

• On March 23, 2012 , Lemanie said:

Remember in the late 90′s Nickelodeon used to do those 5 minute Shopping Spree’s for Kids in Toys R Us?? They could grab whatever they wanted. They really need to do an adult version from like HGTV or something for Target!! Too many great things!

Lemanie’s Randomness Blog

• On March 23, 2012 , sha said:

you’re a target addict too, huh? i’m probably there at least twice a week…it really is an experience. lol!

p.s. thank you for including my DIY satchlet tutorial in your “best of the week”…it’s an honor.

• On March 23, 2012 , everton terrace said:

Yep, guilty of the list making but I’ve never made one of the things I forgot to get – that is so funny. Mine might be longer than the things I did :)
    You have great handwriting!
    I can barely read mine.

• On March 23, 2012 , kb said:

i wish i could buy your handwriting at target. i mean, for a store that says they sell EVERYTHING. sheesh.

• On March 23, 2012 , shalini said:

What a fun list! I resisted buying some polka dotted bowls today!

• On March 23, 2012 , Carrie R said:

I tried so hard NOT to buy the tape, but I couldn’t resist!!! You have so much more will power that me!

• On March 23, 2012 , Lauren at TwIn Style said:

Target is evil! It always makes me want things. I recently picked up a neon pink cross-body bag and a new pair of summer sandals there, but I could have gotten so much more. It’s so entertaining that we used to go there in college just to kill time. Also, my nails are painted mint green right now and I love it; come to think of it, I bought the polish at Target!

• On March 23, 2012 , Jess said:

Your handwriting is so lovely! I’m looking forward to seeing some more of your lists. :) Target really is a big money pit, I swear. I walk in hoping to buy a new bottle of shampoo and somehow I end up with greeting cards, new nail polish, and bananas (among other things). Sigh.

• On March 24, 2012 , Christi said:

Hahaha! Target is SO genius at getting me to spend money. Glad to hear I’m not the only one :) And, I adore a good list so I’m looking forward to more weekly lists!

• On March 24, 2012 , Hallie said:

Amen. I go to target planning to buy ONE thing, and leave with 12 (or 20… depending on how much time I have). One of my resolutions this year is to only go to Target when I’m in a time crunch, thus reducing how many adorable (and, in my boyfriend’s opinion, unnecessary) things I end up finding.

• On March 25, 2012 , B.A. Bollinger said:

Awesome idea! I had come to the conclusion that it was unavoidable to buy unnecessary items at Target… but I think trying this might actually help me! Now if only I could convince my three-year-old that this is how we should be shopping (for toys) at target, then I would all set!

• On March 25, 2012 , Nickolena said:

i have a shoebox filled with old list. i like this idea of sharing them!

• On March 25, 2012 , Jamie-Marie said:

Target – what a vice! My husband and I actually started to give up going there for Lent (not the most holy sacrifice, I know). It was hard at first but now we rarely go. My bank account is in a much greater place. True, you are just going to buy that stuff somewhere, but Target’s amazing design displays are just too enticing most of the time. In any event, congrats to walking away – we’ve all done it but there should be celebrating involved when we do, right?

• On March 26, 2012 , Karen said:

I thought of you this weekend when I was at Target and had to resist pretty striped towels AND the home decor sale, since they were things I just didn’t need. We should create a support group.

• On March 26, 2012 , Lena said:

I think I love this too much.

• On March 29, 2012 , Megan said:

This idea is a good one. I always want to buy godiva bunnies and sour patch watermelons too. And Target is totally the place where you find a million things to get and then try to get the necessities.

• On March 30, 2012 , Whitney Barnes Catarella said:

This is great! Confession: I sometimes put things I want in my cart and then before I head to the cashier, I put the wants back on the shelf and keep the needs in my cart. Crazy? Yes! But it makes me feel like I bought it. HAHA! I especially have to do this at Target! :)

• On March 30, 2012 , Andrea @ Our Little Gems said:

OMG! this post made me laugh out loud, and made me wish I had seen it three hours ago before I spent way too much at Target. I hadn’t gone for months, and Target got me good. If only I had made a list instead…. sigh. You, my dear, are a brilliant woman.

• On April 4, 2012 , Melody said:

This is my favorite list ever! I feel like this every single time I go into Target!