crepes are my fave

March 27, 2012

IMG_5871
IMG_5864
IMG_5799
strawberry
IMG_5880
In the past I haven’t celebrated Easter with brunch but I hope to change that this year by having a generous crepe spread with a tabletop of fillings. Good thing I’m married to the crepe master general himself. If you argue that fact, I will set up a crepe off.

What are your favorite fillings for crepes? As you can tell I tend to favor the sweet variety.

• On March 27, 2012 , Freya said:

I need a crepe day…where I just make like 30 different kinds..because then I get to eat them ALL! Reading this was the WORST idea before the gym! :)

• On March 27, 2012 , Sandra said:

Definitely the lemon zest ricotta with blackberries. Sarabeth’s in NYC makes lemon ricotta pancakes with raspberries – same idea and sooo yummy!

Like the traditional strawberry sauce too…and being Canadian, there HAS to be maple syrup.

• On March 27, 2012 , Michelle said:

for a more savory crepe, I’ve done turkey bacon, gorgonzola cheese, shredded basil, and fig jam. so many possibilities!

• On March 27, 2012 , Kelly said:

those look amazing!

• On March 27, 2012 , Sarah said:

I have a personal tradition to have crepes every time general conference rolls around! My favorite toppings are strawberries with powdered sugar, and peaches with powdered sugar. I have tried many other ways but I always go back to those two delicious options.

• On March 27, 2012 , Nora said:

yum. yum. yum. and more yum.

• On March 27, 2012 , Audrey - This Little Street said:

Oh crepes, crepes of my dreams :) When I was little we used to have crepe nights at home, all we would eat was crepes crepes and more crepes. Best memories ever!

• On March 27, 2012 , sarah said:

crepes are the same as english pancakes, so we grew up having a lot of lemon + sugar, and golden syrup combos. but the classic jam and butter is my fave these days.

your creations look delish, i’m totally trying mango with my next batch.

ps. you can get golden syrup at world market

• On March 27, 2012 , Karen said:

Love Nutella in my crepe fillings. We have a tradition at the US Open every year of getting a crepe as soon as we’re on the grounds, so now they make me think of summer!

• On March 27, 2012 , Mal @ The Chic Geek said:

Crepes are an all time favorite food of mine. My favorite combination for them is lemon juice and sugar with some fresh berries (preferably raspberry) on top. yum!

• On March 27, 2012 , Adina | Gluten Free Travelette said:

Oooo love the idea of mango! I hadn’t thought of that one.

My favorite fillings are lingonberry and the Lemon Poppyseed Coconut Whip I posted on my blog earlier in the month;

• On March 27, 2012 , Susan said:

We love sweet crepes. My husband and I visited Provence last year and had some fabulous savory buckwheat crepes. I’d like to make them at home but have no idea how to make the buckwheat version. Suggestions?

• On March 27, 2012 , Corrie Anne said:

Oh my word. I love the blackberries one. I need to practice my crepe skills. My husband loves them, but I have no clue how to do them. This may call for a new pan!! :)

• On March 27, 2012 , Alicia said:

Crepe off, crepe off! I just want someone to challenge Ryan so I can come and be a judge!

• On March 27, 2012 , Erika said:

Ooh, my boyfriend and I always make crepes! I like nutella and bananas, as well as swiss cheese with green apples. I’ll have to give that mango concoction a try! Looks delish.

• On March 27, 2012 , carmen said:

You had me the moment you write nutella…

• On March 27, 2012 , Lena said:

Dear GOD do these look good! We had a favorite little crepe place in Baltimore and I haven’t quite found a replacement yet, but when I settle on one, I’ll be ordering a ham and cheese crepe with a little mustard!

• On March 27, 2012 , Jillian said:

Very beautiful presentation!

• On March 27, 2012 , Melissa said:

We just had crepes for breakfast on Sunday! We filled them with leftover homemade strawberry syrup and melted lemon frozen yogurt from a party the night before. It was a delicious combination!! The melted lemon frozen yogurt tasted like creamy lemon curd. Mmmmmm!

• On March 27, 2012 , Diana said:

All those ideas sound amazing. I would have one of each. Now, this maybe shows the Canadian in me, but I’m a bit of a peanut butter and maple syrup kind of lady. Maple syrup is always appropriate. In fact, on each one of those up there I’d probably throw on some maple syrup. Not to say they’re not delicious as they are, but MORE MAPLE SYRUP!

• On March 27, 2012 , Megan said:

Crepes are my fave too! I made them Sunday, and I miss them already.

So far, in life, my favorite fillings are:
    • chicken + brie + pesto + sun dried tomatoes
    • roasted mushrooms + avocado + proscuitto + gruyere
    • goat cheese + strawberry jam
    • ricotta + strawberries + honey

Crepes have a spot in my heart for sure. I hope your Easter is full of the best brunchiest crepes ever.

• On March 27, 2012 , sha said:

um….one of each please!

• On March 27, 2012 , Marisa said:

My favourite is a drizzle of fresh squeezed lemon juice and a sprinkle of sugar. The perfect blend of sweet and tart. I used to buy them from this place in Vancouver until I realized how dead simple they are to make yourself!

• On March 27, 2012 , Lindy said:

Mmmm, love crepes! I prefer them plain with this yummy brown sugar sauce my mom and aunt make. Oh I want some right now!

• On March 27, 2012 , Tan said:

Mmmm YES crepes! I love them so much!
    First time I made crepes was when I was vegan. They were delicious buckwheat crepes filled with mangoes and a soft tofu cream that tasted like cream cheese icing. YUM

• On March 27, 2012 , Lila Smyth said:

Yum! This is my first time to your blog and I have enjoyed it so! I’m going to have to decide on a Parks and Rec quote and email you sometime :)

• On March 28, 2012 , Rebecca said:

Ooouh, lemon zest ricotta + blackberries… yum !!

My favorite crepe is JUST whipped cream.
    No butter, no sugar, that’s it.
    The fresh voluminous cream with the warm thin crepe just melts in the mouth. Heavenly combination.

• On March 28, 2012 , Victoria@VictoryPaper said:

Oh I’m a crepe FIEND. We have this diner in Oakland called crepevine and it’s usually where I’ll spend my Saturday mornings

• On March 29, 2012 , Monica @ All Things Lovely said:

When first married, a year ago, we started a sunday night crepe dinner tradition….then stopped that. But this has made me want to start that back up again. I LOVE crepes. I for sure want to try that ice cream and banana one.
    All of those sound so delicious. Thanks!

• On March 29, 2012 , Vanessa said:

Wow, these look amazing! I’m loving the second one!

• On March 29, 2012 , Sydney said:

My roommate and I used to make green crepes and ham every easter (I don’t like eggs) by mixing some pesto into the batter and having it with some good ham. So tasty! I might need to reinstate that with my bf now…

• On March 30, 2012 , Eat My Scabs said:

ooo yeah, crepes are my fav with fresh lemons from our tree and a little melted butter and powdered sugar….delightful.

• On March 30, 2012 , Sophie said:

So hooked on your blog, and loving the food photography. Guess we know what’s for breakfast tomorrow. :)

• On March 31, 2012 , Lisa Michelle said:

Oooohlala, these look delish! I’d love that Nutella one right about now… Have a happy easter!!

• On March 31, 2012 , Happy Weekend! | Wedding Blog said:

[...] Crepes are my fave, too. [...]

• On April 1, 2012 , joyce said:

I’m usually a savory crepe girl, but YUM.

• On April 4, 2012 , a&b said:

YUM! I love love love crepes! I usually make mine with gruyere and kale!

• On May 2, 2012 , Manon said:

In France, from where crepes are from, the most famous and delicious way to fill them is with melted butter and white sugar. Delicious!!

• On June 5, 2012 , a jar of lemon curd is my fave (guest post from natalie) | You Are My Fave said:

[...] curd is tart, creamy and complements so many things. Slather it on pancakes or crepes, drizzle it over vanilla ice cream, make a lemon curd tart, you can even spread it on toast. Pretty [...]

• On March 20, 2013 , TheBean said:

Just wanted to say Hi. I own a small mobile espresso and creperie and I LOVE it!
    We’re always looking for new ideas..
    Keep up the good work.