easter in a box (for kids) is my fave

March 29, 2012

IMG_6052
IMG_6096
Picnik collage
IMG_6097
IMG_6136
This is the only time I’ll ever recommend going to Walmart. In fact, I’ll probably deny I ever said this but scrounge up $1.49 and head to your local store so you too can own a carton of cascarones. I’ll sacrifice my pride and time (geesh, maybe you should open up more than two lanes) for the love of confetti.

sources: cascarones from Walmart, paint + crayons + bubbles from Party City, pinwheel is handmade, felt bows are handmade, mini chicks from World Market (I’ve seen these at craft stores as well)

• On March 29, 2012 , Katie said:

I love your holiday (or just because) boxes and variations would be perfect for my long distance 3 year old niece! Any recommendations for packaging the treats for mailing so it looks just as pretty after traveling?

• On March 29, 2012 , Fernanda said:

hey, im from brazil and i just love your blog! its amazing!!

• On March 29, 2012 , Casey said:

Oh I love this and was already planning to use an egg carton for my boys ‘basket’. You have given me some good ideas!

• On March 29, 2012 , Freya said:

Man I love Easter colors :)

• On March 29, 2012 , Molly the waffler said:

Are those edible necklaces? My daughter LOVES those…

• On March 29, 2012 , Christi said:

I like this one even more than the adult Easter box!!

• On March 29, 2012 , simplyblythe said:

one could also make the confetti eggs.
    we did that as the reveal for our little one due in may.
    we made blue confetti and even stuck the name inside.

• On March 29, 2012 , Tara said:

I share your distaste for Walmart and avoid going there at all costs. Luckily for me, there’s a store in RI called iparty that sells cascarones.

• On March 29, 2012 , The New Diplomats Wife said:

love the colors! not just for kids you know!

• On March 29, 2012 , Chelsea C. said:

Oooh, LOVE this post! Those colors are waking me up this morning. :)

• On March 29, 2012 , Sarah said:

Soooo I’m pinning this because it’s awesome!!!

- Sarah
    A Girl In Transit

• On March 29, 2012 , Victoria said:

The twins would love this! So sweet:)

• On March 29, 2012 , Megan said:

Ah! I’d love this! I may not be a kid, but I know that if I got this as a present it’d totally be the happiest gift ever.

• On March 29, 2012 , Lisette said:

Forget the kids….. I would love this Easter in a box!!

• On March 29, 2012 , Katie said:

these are so fun! is it bad that I prefer the kid version for myself?

• On March 29, 2012 , Lena said:

I think you’d do quite a lot of things for the love of confetti…

• On March 29, 2012 , lisa g said:

Can i ask where you got the wooden part on your pinwheel? not the stick, the other part. I’ve been making a bunch of mini pinwheels for cupcakes but wanted to make some larger ones for parties.

• On March 29, 2012 , Summer // House&Hold said:

That’s it. You’re brilliant! : )

• On March 29, 2012 , Grace @ sense and simplicity said:

I had never heard of cascarones so I Googled them and now I know – how ingenious to fill eggs with confetti. What great Easter in a boxes you did – both the kids and adult ones. Thanks for inspiring me to do one as well. My daughter got hers in the mail the other day and is so excited to open it.

• On March 29, 2012 , Abbey said:

oh hello! Love this. And love these photos.

• On March 30, 2012 , merrymaking 3.30.2012 | a subtle revelry | the art of merrymaking | D.I.Y. party said:

[...] Make a birthday number out of wrapping paper. Simple thoughts for taking great photos this spring. Easter in a box, including the dets on buying cascarones at Walmart (thanks for the tip Melanie). And sewn tulip [...]

• On March 30, 2012 , April Louise said:

The little chicks are soo sweet and lovely colours too x

• On March 30, 2012 , Stephie said:

Love it! Stephie x

• On March 30, 2012 , Sophie said:

So awesomely creative. Love it!! Although I may have to skip the confetti part with a toddler. That’s just asking for trouble, lol.

• On March 31, 2012 , Adventures in Dressmaking said:

You have had the BEST Easter ideas! All three posts this week are just beautiful or super cute. The beautiful photography, the bold colors…. SO fun and fresh!!

I never go to Wal-Mart but get cheap goodies at Dollar Tree and dress them up. Might wanna try that!

• On March 31, 2012 , April K. said:

I saw this post and high-tailed it out to Walmart in the ‘burbs but no luck on the cascarones! I checked high and low and even asked a employee (who gave me a blank stare and said he had no idea what I was talking about). Amazon has them but they’re pricey. ahhh, you illusive confetti eggs, you!

• On April 1, 2012 , Tan said:

Found this through Hey Look before I got to your blog! SO adorable!!!

• On April 2, 2012 , Easter crafts for you and your kids | The Craft Blog said:

[...] of special-delivery awesomeness, Easter in a Box from You Are My Fave. (Seriously, still one of my faves.) Who wouldn't love to get that [...]

• On April 4, 2012 , cate said:

wow! such a copycat!

• On April 8, 2012 , Happy Easter! | blissfullylistening said:

[...] One tiny addition I just have to share: Easter in a box for kids from You are My Fave. [...]

• On April 10, 2012 , A Boy And Girl » Blog Archive » Easter-stuffed Eggs said:

[...] by Melanie’s easter in a box, I packed up my own little Easter packages for my 4 amazing nephews. I wish I could have seen my [...]

• On April 13, 2012 , The Pretty Pinhead said:

I’m a new follower and love your blog!

I’d love it if you follow me back :)

The Pretty Pinhead

• On July 4, 2012 , HUZZAH! : CAKIES said:

[...] – This sofa on craigslist in Los Angeles is way cute! Someone get it! – Might make some sort of Easter in a box for my girlies. I think they would love it! I am pretty excited about the things that will be [...]

• On April 30, 2014 , sauders cherry computer armoire said:

Right here is the right website for anybody who wants to understand this topic.
    You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not
    that I really would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a topic that’s been discussed for years.
    Great stuff, just great!