back to school in a box is my fave

August 28, 2012

“I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” – Joe Fox

sources: Rifle Paper Co botanical notebook, Kid Made Modern mini colored pencils (I was looking for an excuse to buy these), Kikki K pencil pouch, Knock Knock stuff to do pocket notes

• On August 28, 2012 , patricia said:

Ahhh this is so cute. Where do you find these trinkets? You must have a pretty cool attic full of treasures! I believe the quote is from Joe Fox, You’ve Got Mail, one of my favorite movies!

• On August 28, 2012 , Samira said:

the notebook is so cute!!!

• On August 28, 2012 , The New Diplomats Wife said:

this is adorable – especially love the colored pencils – never get tired of collecting those!

ps – we missed you in NYC!

• On August 28, 2012 , Brannon / Happy Cactus Designs said:

Such a cute little collection! Love the notebook and I want those colored pencils!

• On August 28, 2012 , amy c said:

this is such a neat series melanie. they always make me smile. :)

• On August 28, 2012 , Sarah said:

Oh I love this! Eventually I’ll be homeschooling, but I want to make the experience and fun as possible and these kinds of details would help!

- Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

• On August 28, 2012 , Karen said:

Of course the cutest notebook ever is from Rifle, unsurprising! They have the best stuff. Also, that quote is the best.

• On August 28, 2012 , christine said:

that is by far my favorite box yet! i long for school supplies every year…my biggest weakness in target! love those pencils:))

• On August 28, 2012 , Heather said:

Yay, I love back to school stuff!

• On August 28, 2012 , Caryn said:

Oh how I love back to school!

(that quote is actually by Joe Fox to Kathleen Kelly) :)

• On August 28, 2012 , Stephanie said:

You’ve Got Mail forever

• On August 28, 2012 , MEL said:

You’ve Got Mail! Swoon. Oh when will it ever be fall in Denver??

• On August 28, 2012 , Crystal F. said:

Love that movie! Love that quote! I’d love to receive a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils!

• On August 28, 2012 , Lena said:

I’ve been thinking about a pencil bouquet all morning!

• On August 28, 2012 , Abi said:

Such a gorgeous collection! Beautiful pictures!

Abi c

• On August 28, 2012 , ginger from the style of being said:

Oh my. School supplies are even better when you’re an adult because you can enjoy them without having to actually go to school. I LOVE that notebook.

• On August 28, 2012 , Allie Shultz said:

How cute! It would be a great gift for kids on their first day of school.

• On August 28, 2012 , Christi said:

Love the quote! That movie never stops being cute :)

• On August 28, 2012 , Mandy said:

I love this little collection! It’s colorful and fun, and I must admit I’m a bit obsessed with that little notebook!

XO

• On August 28, 2012 , Lindy said:

I love that quote and I love that movie! This is all adorable!

• On August 28, 2012 , robin said:

I bought those pencils for my daughter earlier this summer (well that was my excuse!). We carry them with us on family outings with a few little notebooks and she draws away – only wish the container stayed closed. I put two elastics around it, but they always pop off and we need to dig around in my bottomless pit of a summer tote and find the pencils that got loose! I was eye-spying the water color set just the other day (she already has oil pastels) the packaging is so darn cute I want it all!

• On August 28, 2012 , sherri lynn said:

Your things in a box are always my favorite posts! And that quote from You’ve Got Mail is one of my favorites – I think of it every fall!

• On August 28, 2012 , claire said:

I super love this line from “You’ve got mail”! Love the back-to-school vibe of these photos :)

• On August 29, 2012 , Link Love « is that you darling? said:

[...] Melanie’s Back to School in a box post would be perfection in itself (notebooks, pencils, milk and cookies? It doesn’t get better), [...]

• On August 29, 2012 , Joy | Frock Files said:

First of all, that’s my favorite quote from You’ve Got Mail! I even created a graphic and pinned it because it’s all I can think about whenever autumn rolls around. Secondly, I have that notebook from Chronicle and I love, love, love it. I bought mine in a three pack at a small boutique in Hood River, Oregon, and then I saw them at Paper Source here in Boston. I use mine every single day — and I even leave it lying around on the dining room table because it’s THAT PRETTY.

• On August 29, 2012 , Jenny said:

Stocking up on new supplies is probably one of the top five things I’m missing most about not being a full-time teacher this year. Thanks for this!

• On August 29, 2012 , Amelia said:

I always love your “in a box” posts. But this one takes the cake.

Give me that cookie.

• On August 29, 2012 , Melissa said:

Another fantastic box!!

• On August 30, 2012 , Erin said:

I love those colored pencils! They would make any day just feel better! If you get a sec, I’d love to hear your thoughts on my latest posts!

Peacelovedecor.com

• On August 31, 2012 , Friday Link Love | The Sweetest Occasion said:

[...] Genius! Back to school in a box [...]

• On September 1, 2012 , Weekend Notes | Camille Styles said:

[...] Back to school in a box. [...]

• On September 3, 2012 , Katy said:

Best quote ever. Fact!

• On December 5, 2012 , Do It Yourself Gifts to Make for Kids - 55+ Handmade Toys, Creative Kits, Dolls, and More - B-InspiredMama.com said:

[...] Back to School Play Set from You Are My Fav [...]

• On December 30, 2013 , Stephanie said:

Where did you find that little chalk board?

• On April 29, 2014 , sofa beds said:

Fantastic site. Lots of useful info here. I am sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing
    in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your
    effort!

• On April 29, 2014 , Edwin said:

Howdy just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading correctly.

I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers
    and both show the same results.

• On April 29, 2014 , Romaine said:

I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice
    quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one these days.

• On April 30, 2014 , sofa recliners said:

I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet
    people, its really really good paragraph on building up new
    blog.

• On April 30, 2014 , rattan said:

It’s remarkable to go to see this web page and reading the views of all friends concerning this post, while I
    am also eager of getting experience.

• On April 30, 2014 , kitchen tables said:

I will right away clutch your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription link or
    newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me realize so that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks.