a polka dotted pendant is my fave

October 31, 2012

I had this simple white pendant for bedside lighting in the guest room and it was looking too bland for my liking. So I did what any blogger would do and grabbed a can of metallic spray paint (according to my calculations, copper is the new gold).

I thought it would be fun to have a pattern on the inside so I added polka dots by placing down stickers before I coated it. A simple change to make, but it made a big difference. Now the top drawer of midnight snacks has a good spot light.

• On October 31, 2012 , Christi said:

This is great! Love the copper!

• On October 31, 2012 , Yelle said:

Love the copper color!

• On October 31, 2012 , Lena said:

This is genius!

• On October 31, 2012 , Carrie Rowe // cue the confetti said:

Such a cute idea.

• On October 31, 2012 , Joy | Frock Files said:

I was just playing with metallic spray paint today, too! Yours definitely turned out better — I did the inverse, trying to MAKE dots rather than paint the rest of the surface. Your strategy is the way to go.

• On November 1, 2012 , anna said:

I don’t know what is it with polka dotted patters that they always look so nice don’t you think ??

• On November 4, 2012 , Shelby said:

Hello, there! I’ve been blog stalking you since I was seventeen (now twenty) and I think this is the first comment I’ve ever left for you, and that’s okay, I guess. I think Liz would agree that it’s okay to be creepy sometimes. Anyway. I was wondering if you could tell me about the clock that is on your nightstand? I’ve thought about purchasing an identical one a few times (via Amazon, Urban Outfitters, etc.), but it seems like everyone always has so many complaints about it. The battery doesn’t fit, or the clock doesn’t flip right, or it’s difficult to set. Did you experience difficulties? I know that’s a really boring question, but I’m much more likely to trust your opinion than retroman2892 on Amazon. Duh.

Have a nice Sunday, ma’am.

• On November 7, 2012 , Amy’s Notebook 11.07.12 | The Motherload said:

[...] love this idea for dressing up a pendant light fixture with polka dots (@ you are my [...]

• On November 12, 2012 , Ruth Ann said:

um, your blog is my fave.
    i love how this turned out. My mom is copper obsessed and i’ve been trying to figure out what to get her for christmas. I think this will totally be something to make for her that she’d love.
    Anyway! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for having an amazing blog. I love all your ideas and diys!

<3 ruth ann

• On November 12, 2012 , Ruth Ann said:

oh i did forget one thing!
    Do you have a textile cord on this lamp? It looks like it is gray knit or something similar. If so where did you get it? My husband and I are thinking about just making some of our own hanging lamps with textile cord (there is SO much cute cord out there) but didn’t know if you had a good source for already made lamps like that.
    Thanks!

• On November 14, 2012 , Adriana said:

Do you happen to know where I can find a pendant lamp like yours? I’ve been looking for something simular for our bedroom. Thank you!

• On January 11, 2013 , Prickig insida | DIY or DIE said: