a puzzle advent is my fave

November 13, 2012

YAMF Holiday Handmade is sponsored by Kollabora, the community for makers.
Advent day two! This one is inexpensive and can be created with any image of your choice.
puzzle advent from you are my fave
To make your own you’ll need:
- 25 paper boxes (hello Hobby Lobby)
- an image sized to 17 x 17 inches (or the size of your boxes formed into a 5 x 5 square)
- paper cutter or scissors
- glue stick
- masking tape

Step One: Adjust your image to the size of your boxes formed into a 5×5 square. This mountain image is 17×17 inches and can be downloaded here. Have it printed as an engineering print at your local copy store. That will set you back a whopping $1.80.

Step Two: Lay out the print face down onto a flat surface then lay your box lids face down on top of it. Lightly trace the outline of each box then cut out each square. Number each box and coordinating piece of the paper if puzzles aren’t your strong suit.

Step Three: Glue stick it up and add the paper squares to the box tops.
puzzle advent from you are my fave
Step Four: Tack it to the wall with masking tape or something stronger. Your call depending on the clumsiness of your child or self.

Step Five: Add some treats because empty boxes would just be sad.
puzzle advent from you are my fave
Yes, the countdown to Christmas is on.

• On November 13, 2012 , anna - Today I Like Blog said:

so sweet! when I looked at the first picture I thought it was a pice of chocolate haha

• On November 13, 2012 , Amanda said:

How awesome is this? My sister is a photographer, so I think this would be a perfect gift for my niece if I use one of my sister’s pictures for the puzzle. Great idea — thank you!

• On November 13, 2012 , McKenna Ryan said:

This is wonderful! I would love to make this with our family Christmas picture this year!

• On November 13, 2012 , little kitchie said:

LOVE this idea! Super easy and genius!

• On November 13, 2012 , Johanna said:

What a lovely idea! Thanks for sharing!

• On November 13, 2012 , Yelle said:

So cute! I love these little boxes!

• On November 14, 2012 , Lenopard said:

Amazing idea! I like it so much. Thank you for shering!

• On November 14, 2012 , Dawn said:

Fabulous! This I may actually try… gorgeous.

• On November 14, 2012 , Jeanette from Fig&Sparrow said:

This is THE BEST idea!!! Love it! I’m going to have to make something similar ASAP. THanks!

• On November 14, 2012 , sherri lynn said:

This is such a great idea! I need to get going on some ideas for filling the boxes if I’m going to do this!

• On November 15, 2012 , aliceinbo said:

It’s a really smart idea. I have liked it a lot!!!

• On November 17, 2012 , Violet said:

This is great. I plan on making this but with the image printed at home on 4 pages, or so, rather than a trip to a print shop.

• On November 20, 2012 , Top 10 DIY Advent Calendars – Modern Holiday Decor – Celebrate Colorful Christmas with Kids | Small for Big said:

[...] Puzzle Advent Calendar, from You Are My Fave [...]

• On November 23, 2012 , Top 10 Advent Calendars | Whimseybox said:

[...] Puzzle advent calendar also with free printable from You Are My Fave [...]

• On November 24, 2012 , Advent Calendar | Made From Pinterest | DIY Crafts said:

[...] You Are My Fave [...]

• On December 6, 2012 , Myown Puzzle said:

This is a great idea. Thank you very much for the wonderful insight and we really appreciate the time you took to create this. Thanks again.

• On December 6, 2012 , Calendari per un Avvento fai da te | Arredare casa said:

[...] Puzzle: Sei il mio favorito [...]

• On June 7, 2013 , www.beneficialcleaning.com said:

What’s up, just wanted to say, I enjoyed this post. It was funny. Keep on posting!

• On October 2, 2013 , Tony Romo Jersey Womens said:

It is also possible to adapt the traditional structure of the Church at
    Cenchreae, the port of Corinth. You are here to witness one of the games of his senior year at Millsaps College, my
    brother, Angel dear; My friend and I planned our visit, as everyone
    must, weeks in advance. Have we found it, are we still looking for it, and that Vilma has suffered emotional distress because of
    the fact that they could move up to the NFL season.