To make your own you’ll need:
– small bowl (I think plastic works best)
– white candy coating
– Airheads candy
– small heart cookie cutter
1. Oil up the inside of your bowl. This is essential so the coating can easily be removed.
2. Melt candy coating according to package instructions (I needed two squares for one mini bowl). Pour about 3/4 of it into the prepared bowl, using a spoon to help coat the sides.
3. Place in freezer until hardened. Take out and fill in any bare or sparse spots with leftover melted candy coating. Put back in freezer. It will look bumpy and uneven like the photo but the side that counts will be smooth.
4. While waiting for the shell to freeze, use your cookie cutter to cut out hearts from the Airheads candy.
5. Take the bowl out of the freezer and gently turn upside down, the shell should easily slide out and be a nice smooth dome.
6. Use your Airheads hearts to decorate the cake. All you need to do is gently push them on to stick.
7. Place your surprise (some diamond earrings would be nice) onto the cake stand and position the cake over it.
8. Attach a smashing note to a toy mallet or wooden spoon and set it next to the cake.
9. Let the recipient smash away for a fun surprise.
This one is mini (compare to Beck’s hand) so individually sized. I think it would be fun to use them as place settings. And now I have a party to throw just for that reason.