pegboard is my fave

February 14, 2013

you are my fave: pegboard ideas

pegboard ideas

you are my fave: pegboard ideas

We have a closet the size of a small room in our third bedroom and my goal is to make it into an office. A better label would probably be, a room where my craft and party supplies are corralled, but office sounds like I work. My plan is to line the walls with pegboard for an every changing display and I’m using these rooms as inspiration. It’s probably harder than it looks to make it look so stylish and not like a hardware store but that’s the kind of project I’ll volunteer myself for. I know, so noble of me.

images: The Design Files, Family Living, Kate Spade,Titlee

• On February 14, 2013 , emily -- a denver home companion said:

me oh my. i am so doing this (that one FAR AWAY day) when we are able to renovate our house, get a bigger kitchen, and turn our old kitchen into workspace. INSPIRING!

• On February 14, 2013 , April Louise said:

I really like the first room, what a great idea!

• On February 15, 2013 , Lindsey said:

this is a great idea! we are renovating our basement now and I am hoping to get a workspace down there…hmmmmmm ;)

• On February 15, 2013 , Lashley said:

I agree that it might be hard to keep looking so fresh and fun, EXCEPT that you are a collector of fresh and fun objects, so I think it’ll be grand.

• On February 15, 2013 , Yana said:

I normally really dislike pegboards, but the first picture is really pretty great. It looks good. Thanks for sharing!

• On February 15, 2013 , Stephanie @ henry happened said:

Pegboard is awesome. I just installed (which is a more accurate word than “hanging” b/c it was huge!) one in my hallway so I can hang scarves, purses, etc. Love it!

• On February 16, 2013 , Carly said:

I put a pegboard in my craft/office room, and it’s great (not quite as stylish as these, though). One caution: if you want to be able to put hooks through the holes easily and without damaging your walls, you really need to set the pegboard out from the wall a bit using furring strips rather than just nailing the piece of pegboard to the wall. It’s not hard and will make things a lot better in the end! I found instructions on the Internet.

• On February 18, 2013 , Krista said:

No, pegboard is MY fave! :) Seriously though, thank you for this post! When my hubby and I moved into our new house 3 months ago, I remember telling him that pegboard is the solution to all of our storage problems. And then I promptly got frustrated with how to use it in my 3′x5′ closet, and gave up. This blog post was the kick in the pants that I needed to organize my clothes and bags. I like that you went pretty high up with your pegboard- that’s the missing link I needed to move forward with it! Thank you!

• On May 3, 2013 , Julie said:

What did you use to hang the frames from the peg board?