Today’s post is from Alana Davis of Humunuku Shoppe.
These are sweet little hearts to throw in clothes drawers and linen closets to keep everything smelling nice.
To make your own you’ll need:
- fabric (cotton, fleece or felt work well)
- needle and thread
- scented filler
1. Cut out two heart (or any) shape from your favorite fabric. I used soft fleece here.
2. Pin the right sides together and sew around edges, leaving an inch or two un sewn.
3. Clip corners or around curves of fabric (only in the seam allowances – do not cut through sewing).
4. Turn heart shape right side out.
5. Fill heart with scented sachet pouch. Good fillers can be pre bought, dried flower petals or lavender.
6. Turn the open end (un sewn section) inside the pouch and stitch by hand or with a machine.
Done and smelling oh so fresh.
See a lot more pretty from Alana by visiting Humunuku Shoppe.