abstract art is my fave

February 19, 2014

When I was decorating our house, I made the conscious decision to invest in a few pieces of original art. Those three paintings are still my very most favorites in the house and I imagine there will always be a place for them to hang no matter where we live. I would love to invest in more pieces, and I have my eye on these five abstract artists.
abstract artists

Ashley Goldberg
Britt Bass
Jenny Prinn
Emily Rickard
Yangyang Pan

I have friends who pick out and buy one piece a year together for Valentine’s Day. Although I’m not sure Ryan would want to adopt that tradition, I think one piece a year sounds very doable (for treat yo’ self day). Especially if I stop buying prints I never frame.

Who’s an artist you would love to own an original from?

• On February 19, 2014 , Comfy Cozy Couture said:

What a great round up! These are some of my absolute favorite sources!

• On February 19, 2014 , Jane said:

I love those prints by Yangyang Pan!

• On February 19, 2014 , Aileen @ At Home in Love said:

Thank you so much for sharing these!!! I love them all and am heading off to check out these artists now. I really want to invest in some “real art” too. Have you heard of Jenny Vorwaller? She’s my fave right now and very similar to these artists. I think you’d like her work.

• On February 19, 2014 , Sharon garofalow said:

I adore Ashley Goldberg! Just bought some of her stamp sets and have my eye on a painting too!

• On February 19, 2014 , Amy said:

1) I found adorable bunny tails and bunny ear barrettes in the dollar area at Target today and I think they would be an awesome addition to one of your spring boxes! If you want some and can’t find them, I will send them to you! I love your boxes.
    2) My husband and I are working our way through all the past series of Parks and Rec and I totally appreciate all your P&R references now.
    3) Check out the abstract paintings of Lisa Congdon.

• On February 19, 2014 , Audrey said:

We so need to invest in real art too! About time, I think it makes such a big difference in a home. I would DIE to own an original piece by Kirra Jamison, her work is just so colorful and stunning.

• On February 20, 2014 , emily said:

all lovely finds! I love the bright mix of colors…so happy!

• On February 20, 2014 , Polly said:

Ashley G is totally my favourite abstract artist! She is so talented.

• On February 20, 2014 , Jeanne Rondeau said:

We just started adding abstract pieces on our Etsy shop, so I was excited to see this post! The fun part about painting abstractly is noticing how color, shape or texture react to one another. The addition or subtraction of the smallest element in a painting changes the whole mood of the piece. I love that it is possible to discover something new every day in an abstract piece.

Thanks so much for this colorful post. It is so pretty to wake up to this morning!

• On February 20, 2014 , Mae Chevrette said:

In my dreams, I would have an original Olaf Hajek! As far as abstract art goes, Hiroshi Matsumoto is one of my favorites… I love his ‘painting a day’ series: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hiroshimatsumoto

• On February 20, 2014 , Limezinnias Design said:

Great choices! I love all of these artists!

• On February 20, 2014 , Gillian {Coastal Bride} said:

Beautiful, I love all of these! And buying a piece every Valentine’s is such a great idea. I may have to adopt that tradition!

• On February 21, 2014 , Lisa said:

I think everyone needs a David Louis Jones, and not just because he’s my husband :)

davidlouisjones.com

• On February 21, 2014 , Anjuli said:

These are beautiful and awesome! I also really like Michelle Armas.

• On February 24, 2014 , Sarah W said:

I’ve been dying to own something by Michelle Armas for awhile now. Love all the artists you featured. Thanks for sharing!

• On March 3, 2014 , Sharing some great posts from around the web. said:

[…] has a great post on abstract artists she loves.  And I love […]

• On September 13, 2014 , minecraft.net said:

If you desire to increase your experience just keep visiting this web
    page and be updated with the most up-to-date news update posted here.